How to Reach Stellenbosch
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Stellenbosch. The nearest airport is the Cape Town International Airport (50 kilometers away). Airport shuttle service is provided to reach Stellenbosch.
- By Train: Metrorail is preferred to explore the whole Cape Town region including Stellenbosch. Trains are easily available from Cape Town to Stellenbosch throughout the day even though journey after 6.00 pm is not recommended.
- By Bus: Busses are easily available from Cape Town to reach Stellenbosch and many bus companies offer good frequency of bus service. Van service from the hostels in Cape Town are also preferred to reach the city.
- By Car: You can drive to Stellenbosch from Cape Town (35 minutes’ journey) by taking the N1 or the N2 route. If you are travelling on the N1, exit at R304 towards Stellenbosch. If you are taking N2, exit at R310 (Baden Powell Drive) and follow the signs.
- By Walking: Stellenbosch is small enough to be covered on foot. Know that there are no signs for streets. The names of the streets are mentioned on the sidewalks in Afrikaans language.
- By Renting cycle: If you don’t like walking, then you can rent a cycle to explore the city. Cycles are available for rent at the tourism bureau or you can rent a cycle from private shops.