How to Reach Stellenbosch, South Africa
The Easiest Way to Reach Stellenbosch
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Stellenbosch. The nearest airport is the Cape Town International Airport (50 kilometers away). Airport shuttle service is provided to reach Stellenbosch.
- By Train: Metrorail is preferred to explore the whole Cape Town region including Stellenbosch. Trains are easily available from Cape Town to Stellenbosch throughout the day even though journey after 6.00 pm is not recommended.
- By Bus: Busses are easily available from Cape Town to reach Stellenbosch and many bus companies offer good frequency of bus service. Van service from the hostels in Cape Town are also preferred to reach the city.
- By Car: You can drive to Stellenbosch from Cape Town (35 minutes’ journey) by taking the N1 or the N2 route. If you are travelling on the N1, exit at R304 towards Stellenbosch. If you are taking N2, exit at R310 (Baden Powell Drive) and follow the signs.
- By Walking: Stellenbosch is small enough to be covered on foot. Know that there are no signs for streets. The names of the streets are mentioned on the sidewalks in Afrikaans language.
- By Renting cycle: If you don’t like walking, then you can rent a cycle to explore the city. Cycles are available for rent at the tourism bureau or you can rent a cycle from private shops.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Stellenbosch and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Stellenbosch
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Stellenbosch. The most preferred mode of transport in Stellenbosch is Car.
Average distance: 21.13 km Average time: 45.73 min
Car 83.84%Driving 44.77 min Walking 0.54 min Motorbike 0.36 min Overall average time for 22.88 kms 45.67 min
Motorbike 3.03%Motorbike 19.33 min Overall average time for 13.33 kms 19.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.02%Bus 37.5 min Walking 12.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 57.5 min
Walking 5.05%Walking 38 min Driving 4.2 min Waiting 4 min Train 2 min Overall average time for 5.22 kms 48.2 min
Train/Metro 3.03%Train 25 min Waiting 21.67 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 61.67 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Stellenbosch
- How to reach Grabouw
- How to reach Botrivier
- How to reach Cape Town
- How to reach Bot River
- How to reach Onrus
- How to reach Sandbaai
- How to reach Hermanus
- How to reach Yzerfontein
- How to reach Mossel Bay
- How to Reach Top Cities in South Africa
- How to reach Kruger National Park
- How to reach Johannesburg
- How to reach Pilanesberg National Park
- How to reach Pietermaritzburg
- How to reach Hoedspruit
- How to reach Sun City
- How to reach Temba
- How to reach Sea Point
- How to reach Isando
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Adena
- How to reach Middlemarch
- How to reach El Municipio