Spier Wine FarmCurrently Closed
- Address: R310 Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-0218091100
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Vineyard, Farm
Spier Wine Farm - Review
A family vacation farm which offers premium accommodation nestled amidst beautiful vineyards and a bio-centric, organic farm, the Spier Wine Farm is all things Stellenbosch in a nutshell.
The organic farms which produce healthy harvests and the‘more than comfortable rooms and a wine bar to envy, all offer the perfect combination for a short trip to Stellenbosch.
- Wine Tasting- 235 Creative Block, Frans K Smith, Award winning 21 Gables
- Eagle Encounters- Interacting with majestic Owls and Eagles
- In-house Spa
- Segway Tours
- Heritage Tour
- Art museum
No matter what your age, interests or company, the Spier Wine farm is perfect for anyone who wants to breathe all the things that Stellenbosch stands for.
Spier Wine Farm Information
- Do explore the Craft Market and dine at the popular Eight restaurant.
Spier Wine Farm Ticket Prices
Spier Tasting (R35 per person): Choose three wines from our Signature range and one from each of the two premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
Chocolate and wine tasting (R65 per person): Inspired by our Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and our Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatier has carefully crafted chocolates that compliment and unlock nuanced flavours in each of our liquid treasures.
- Dark malted cherry chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 3 and Spier Signature Pinotage
- White cardamom and passion fruit chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 2 and Spier Ideology Riesling
- White peppered plum chocolate
- Paired with Spier Methode Cap Classique and Spier Signature Chardonnay/Pinot Noir
Frans K Smit Tasting (R90 pp): The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
Children’s Grape Juice Tasting (R35 pp): This tasting is the ideal way to keep the youngsters busy with a tasting of three different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards, all whilst being fun.
- Spier Segway Tour(1 hour tour)- R250pp
- Gables Audio Walk: R70 per person, 1 hour
- Heritage Walk- Free, 1.5 hours
- Protea Walk- Free
- Entrance fee for : Adult R70
- Children- R60
- Students (with proof) and Pensioners- R65
- Picnic basket arranged by the hotel- Prices vary as per the order.
Spier Wine Farm Hours
- Wine Tasting Timings: Open daily for tastings from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Open for sales daily from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- ‘Eight’ Restaurant: Opening times: During the festive season, Eight is open daily for brunch from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, lunch from 12:00 pm– 3:00 pm, and tea from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm. The restaurant is also available for private functions.
- Spier Hotel Restaurant and Wine Bar: Opening hours: Breakfast is from 06:30 am to 10:30 am from Mondays to Fridays, from 06:30 am to 11:30 am on weekends and all public holidays. Light meals are served all day at the Wine Bar, and dinner in the Restaurant from 6:00 pm till late.
- Eagle Encounters: Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Excluding Christmas Day).
- Craft Market: Opening hours from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm during the summer months (October to March).
- Recommended duration of visit: 2 days/ For activities – 2 hours
How To reach Spier Wine Farm by Public Transport
- Rent a Cycle to reach the place.
- Hire a Metered Taxi.
- Hire a Private Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stellenbosch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stellenbosch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Spier Wine Farm
92.29% of people who visit Stellenbosch include Spier Wine Farm in their plan
95% of people start their Spier Wine Farm visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Spier Wine Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spier Wine Farm
People normally also visit Helshoogte Pass while planning their trip to Spier Wine Farm.
Spier Wine Farm Trips
Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch Reviews
Such a fantastic farm. I would give the hotel side a 6 out of 5 ... The rooms and service are that good. The restaurant could improve in terms of menu and setting.. quite a bare and clinical decor which is not cozy or welcoming. The breakfast buffet would improve a great deal.
There is so much constantly happening at Spier it is awesome. Full details are available on their website. It is a place to view and experience the most incredible art, most of it local. Their wine is award winning. There are great programs at spier that address education and the Environment. I highly recommend Spier.
What an amazing experience I had at Spier Wine Farm. My boyfriend took me there last year for our anniversary. The staff there was amazing they were always willing and ready to help, from what I encountered they went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was perfect. The Eight restaurant was a whole experience for me and my partner, their food was delicious. We had ordered dessert but we were so full from our main that we asked that they made dessert a takeaway, the waiter communicated our request to the chef who in ture came to us with the request of having the dessert delivered to us in our room at a time that would best suit us because having it in a take away would mess up the presentation, you can only but imagine how impresses we were about the service at the Eight restaurant.
One of our favourite places to picnic, just chill out with some wine and watch the bird life. It may be commercial but it’s done so well. Love the eagle encounter side of things as well.
This is a great place for couples and family alike! The picnics are very delicious and served with wine - and a basket you can keep. Plenty of room to sprawl out and have a picnic or let the kids run. A nice restaurant for a sit down meal and lovely activities for the whole family. A must if visiting the winelands.