Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch
About Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch
Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch - Address, Phone Number
Address: R310 Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Tour, Vineyard, Farm
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A family vacation farm which offers premium accommodation nestled amidst beautiful vineyards and a bio-centric, organic farm, the Spier Wine Farm is all things Stellenbosch in a nutshell.
The organic farms which produce healthy harvests and the‘more than comfortable rooms and a wine bar to envy, all offer the perfect combination for a short trip to Stellenbosch.
- Wine Tasting- 235 Creative Block, Frans K Smith, Award winning 21 Gables
- Eagle Encounters- Interacting with majestic Owls and Eagles
- In-house Spa
- Segway Tours
- Heritage Tour
- Art museum
No matter what your age, interests or company, the Spier Wine farm is perfect for anyone who wants to breathe all the things that Stellenbosch stands for.
Spier Wine Farm Information
- Do explore the Craft Market and dine at the popular Eight restaurant.
Spier Wine Farm Ticket Prices
Spier Tasting (R35 per person): Choose three wines from our Signature range and one from each of the two premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
Chocolate and wine tasting (R65 per person): Inspired by our Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and our Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatier has carefully crafted chocolates that compliment and unlock nuanced flavours in each of our liquid treasures.
- Dark malted cherry chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 3 and Spier Signature Pinotage
- White cardamom and passion fruit chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 2 and Spier Ideology Riesling
- White peppered plum chocolate
- Paired with Spier Methode Cap Classique and Spier Signature Chardonnay/Pinot Noir
Frans K Smit Tasting (R90 pp): The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
Children’s Grape Juice Tasting (R35 pp): This tasting is the ideal way to keep the youngsters busy with a tasting of three different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards, all whilst being fun.
- Spier Segway Tour(1 hour tour)- R250pp
- Gables Audio Walk: R70 per person, 1 hour
- Heritage Walk- Free, 1.5 hours
- Protea Walk- Free
- Entrance fee for : Adult R70
- Children- R60
- Students (with proof) and Pensioners- R65
- Picnic basket arranged by the hotel- Prices vary as per the order.
Spier Wine Farm Opening and Closing Hours
- Wine Tasting Timings: Open daily for tastings from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Open for sales daily from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- ‘Eight’ Restaurant: Opening times: During the festive season, Eight is open daily for brunch from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, lunch from 12:00 pm– 3:00 pm, and tea from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm. The restaurant is also available for private functions.
- Spier Hotel Restaurant and Wine Bar: Opening hours: Breakfast is from 06:30 am to 10:30 am from Mondays to Fridays, from 06:30 am to 11:30 am on weekends and all public holidays. Light meals are served all day at the Wine Bar, and dinner in the Restaurant from 6:00 pm till late.
- Eagle Encounters: Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Excluding Christmas Day).
- Craft Market: Opening hours from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm during the summer months (October to March).
- Recommended duration of visit: 2 days/ For activities – 2 hours
How To reach Spier Wine Farm by Public Transport
- Rent a Cycle to reach the place.
- Hire a Metered Taxi.
- Hire a Private Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stellenbosch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stellenbosch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch Reviews - Write a Review
Great service, amazing wines. Great ambience and location. Took a walk after a tasting. Lovely place! Worth a visit!
We did the 40 minute Segway route, chocolate and wine tasting and then afterwards picnic under the trees. The Segway guides were great, very professional, funny and accommodating. The training was about 20 minutes, and we went out to on the farm going through some vines and bumpy dirt roads, lots of fun. After the Segway tour did a chocolate and wine tasting, staff was friendly and good explanation of there wines. The picnic was a perfect closing to the day. Good quality food, fresh and tasty. Wine prices are a bit high. Spier grounds and buildings are very clean, bathrooms clean and hygienic, the staff is very friendly and professional.
Beautiful location. We had a fantastic stay! Great wine tasting, Segway tours, food, picnics and running trails.
Amazing service from the front desk, I arrived early 2 hours before check in time and they prioritised my room...thank you. The travel desk made a remarkable and personal impression. Dorrington, Sisanda and Portia's hospitality will be my driving force back to this establishment. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.
It is one of the finest places to go and chill and enjoy wines, it offers good food. You can sit in the restaurant or eat outside while watching beautiful landscapes and listening to birds. It also hosts wedding and all social events.
- Nearby Attractions
- Dornier Wine Estate
- Schoon De Companje
- Oude Werf Hotel
- Dwarsrivier Valley Tourism
- Banhoek Lodge
- Perfect Health Wellness Centre
- Wine Tours Cape Town And Stellenbosch - Daily Wine Tasting Tours
- De Zalze Golf Club
- Stellenbosch Golf Club
- Stellenbosch University
- Stellenbosch Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stellenbosch
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stellenbosch
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stellenbosch
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stellenbosch