Spier Wine Farm, StellenboschCurrently Open
- Address: R310 Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-0218091100
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Vineyard, Farm
About Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch
A family vacation farm which offers premium accommodation nestled amidst beautiful vineyards and a bio-centric, organic farm, the Spier Wine Farm is all things Stellenbosch in a nutshell.
The organic farms which produce healthy harvests and the‘more than comfortable rooms and a wine bar to envy, all offer the perfect combination for a short trip to Stellenbosch.
- Wine Tasting- 235 Creative Block, Frans K Smith, Award winning 21 Gables
- Eagle Encounters- Interacting with majestic Owls and Eagles
- In-house Spa
- Segway Tours
- Heritage Tour
- Art museum
No matter what your age, interests or company, the Spier Wine farm is perfect for anyone who wants to breathe all the things that Stellenbosch stands for.
Spier Wine Farm Information
- Do explore the Craft Market and dine at the popular Eight restaurant.
Spier Wine Farm Ticket Prices
Spier Tasting (R35 per person): Choose three wines from our Signature range and one from each of the two premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
Chocolate and wine tasting (R65 per person): Inspired by our Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and our Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatier has carefully crafted chocolates that compliment and unlock nuanced flavours in each of our liquid treasures.
- Dark malted cherry chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 3 and Spier Signature Pinotage
- White cardamom and passion fruit chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 2 and Spier Ideology Riesling
- White peppered plum chocolate
- Paired with Spier Methode Cap Classique and Spier Signature Chardonnay/Pinot Noir
Frans K Smit Tasting (R90 pp): The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
Children’s Grape Juice Tasting (R35 pp): This tasting is the ideal way to keep the youngsters busy with a tasting of three different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards, all whilst being fun.
- Spier Segway Tour(1 hour tour)- R250pp
- Gables Audio Walk: R70 per person, 1 hour
- Heritage Walk- Free, 1.5 hours
- Protea Walk- Free
- Entrance fee for : Adult R70
- Children- R60
- Students (with proof) and Pensioners- R65
- Picnic basket arranged by the hotel- Prices vary as per the order.
Spier Wine Farm Opening and Closing Hours
- Wine Tasting Timings: Open daily for tastings from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Open for sales daily from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- ‘Eight’ Restaurant: Opening times: During the festive season, Eight is open daily for brunch from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, lunch from 12:00 pm– 3:00 pm, and tea from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm. The restaurant is also available for private functions.
- Spier Hotel Restaurant and Wine Bar: Opening hours: Breakfast is from 06:30 am to 10:30 am from Mondays to Fridays, from 06:30 am to 11:30 am on weekends and all public holidays. Light meals are served all day at the Wine Bar, and dinner in the Restaurant from 6:00 pm till late.
- Eagle Encounters: Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Excluding Christmas Day).
- Craft Market: Opening hours from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm during the summer months (October to March).
- Recommended duration of visit: 2 days/ For activities – 2 hours
How To reach Spier Wine Farm by Public Transport
- Rent a Cycle to reach the place.
- Hire a Metered Taxi.
- Hire a Private Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stellenbosch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stellenbosch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Spier Wine Farm, Stellenbosch Reviews
Very spacious room, staff were helpful. Spacing of the rooms make you feel like you are not on top of each other. The hotel restaurant could be staffed with more waiters. Often had to wait to be helped for breakfast. Wonderful experience overall.
Beautiful property and modern ambience. Great wine tasting experience. The room is roomy and nice with fireplace. The facility is well maintained but it is relatively more expensive comparing to other wineries. The wine farm is not open for tourists or hotel guests. The breakfast is good, so as the dinner with garden sitting. The wine tasting area is also nice with garden view.
I was here for a 3 days conference, it does not look like the usual conference venue, but it is indeed a great venue with all the facilities and amenities. Much laid back. I also ate in the Eight restaurant, very romantic, especially at night. There is a complimentary breakfast, really good breakfast and free wifi. You also get the farm experience. It is just off the road R310 from Cape Town so it is hard to miss it. Recommended.
Gorgeous estate, friendly staff. Rooms were nice but a bit dated. Breakfast was lovely but R120 per child is pricey given they each only ate a side plate full. Wine tasting was amazing...love Spier wines! The highlight was the Segway around the vineyards; the crew are amazing and the tour was breathtakingly beautiful.
Brilliant staff: friendly, professional and always willing to help. Comfortable room (river view) and a decent size with fireplace, tv, iron etc all provided. Breakfast so-so but you’ll find enough to be content. What makes this hotel stand out is its grounds - it’s set in a beautiful part the country. Highly recommended to take the 10k cycle route through the vineyards and along the river.