Spier Wine Farm336 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R310 Stellenbosch 7600, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-0218091100
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Vineyard, Farm
A family vacation farm which offers premium accommodation nestled amidst beautiful vineyards and a bio-centric, organic farm, the Spier Wine Farm is all things Stellenbosch in a nutshell.
The organic farms which produce healthy harvests and the‘more than comfortable rooms and a wine bar to envy, all offer the perfect combination for a short trip to Stellenbosch.
- Wine Tasting- 235 Creative Block, Frans K Smith, Award winning 21 Gables
- Eagle Encounters- Interacting with majestic Owls and Eagles
- In-house Spa
- Segway Tours
- Heritage Tour
- Art museum
No matter what your age, interests or company, the Spier Wine farm is perfect for anyone who wants to breathe all the things that Stellenbosch stands for.
Spier Wine Farm Travel Tips
- Do explore the Craft Market and dine at the popular Eight restaurant.
Entrance Ticket Details For Spier Wine Farm
Spier Tasting (R35 per person): Choose three wines from our Signature range and one from each of the two premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
Chocolate and wine tasting (R65 per person): Inspired by our Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and our Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatier has carefully crafted chocolates that compliment and unlock nuanced flavours in each of our liquid treasures.
- Dark malted cherry chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 3 and Spier Signature Pinotage
- White cardamom and passion fruit chocolate
- Paired with Spier Creative Block 2 and Spier Ideology Riesling
- White peppered plum chocolate
- Paired with Spier Methode Cap Classique and Spier Signature Chardonnay/Pinot Noir
Frans K Smit Tasting (R90 pp): The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
Children’s Grape Juice Tasting (R35 pp): This tasting is the ideal way to keep the youngsters busy with a tasting of three different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards, all whilst being fun.
- Spier Segway Tour(1 hour tour)- R250pp
- Gables Audio Walk: R70 per person, 1 hour
- Heritage Walk- Free, 1.5 hours
- Protea Walk- Free
- Entrance fee for : Adult R70
- Children- R60
- Students (with proof) and Pensioners- R65
- Picnic basket arranged by the hotel- Prices vary as per the order.
Spier Wine Farm Hours
- Wine Tasting Timings: Open daily for tastings from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Open for sales daily from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- ‘Eight’ Restaurant: Opening times: During the festive season, Eight is open daily for brunch from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, lunch from 12:00 pm– 3:00 pm, and tea from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm. The restaurant is also available for private functions.
- Spier Hotel Restaurant and Wine Bar: Opening hours: Breakfast is from 06:30 am to 10:30 am from Mondays to Fridays, from 06:30 am to 11:30 am on weekends and all public holidays. Light meals are served all day at the Wine Bar, and dinner in the Restaurant from 6:00 pm till late.
- Eagle Encounters: Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Excluding Christmas Day).
- Craft Market: Opening hours from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm during the summer months (October to March).
- Recommended duration of visit: 2 days/ For activities – 2 hours
How to Reach Spier Wine Farm
- Rent a Cycle to reach the place.
- Hire a Metered Taxi.
- Hire a Private Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stellenbosch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stellenbosch and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.9% of people who visit Stellenbosch include Spier Wine Farm in their plan
95% of people start their Spier Wine Farm visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Spier Wine Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spier Wine Farm
People normally also visit Helshoogte Pass while planning their trip to Spier Wine Farm.