Are you looking for what to do in Stellenbosch?
PLACES TO SEE
Stellenbosch offers a curious number of places to see while staying in the city.
- Waterford Estate: Perfect for a getaway, solo or with family, Waterford Estate offers a unique Wine-Drive Safari at the heart of the wild side of Stellenbosch.
- Fick House: A Dutch house which serves as a museum for traditional Dutch architecture, furniture and history.
- The Powder House: Originally a godown for supplying powder, lead and flint to the people of Stellenbosch, the place is now a museum for historic weapons.
- Rupert Museum: The museum showcases a private, unique art collection of Anton and Huberte Rupert. The place accommodates over 350 art pieces from 1940 to 1970’s South- African art.
THINGS TO DO
- Nightlife: Stellenbosch has a vibrant nightlife and is known for its gourmet food and electric live music scene.
- Wijnhuis: An intimate wine-tasting lounge, wine shop and restaurant which serves lip-smacking delicacies, the Wiknhuis is popular among the local youth.
- Aandklas: Live Music, fooseball, pool, beer pong, lively dance floor along with good food and drinks make Aandklas perfect for a night out.
- The Happy Oak: A good place to explore the city’s nightlife with good music, screens during sports match and good food and drinks.
- Stellenbosch Ghost Tour: If you love all things scary and want a goose-bumps experience then take the Ghost tour arranged by the tourism bureau.
- Stellenbosch Square: If shopping at a Mall is your kind of shopping, then head to the Stellenbosch Square- the town mall which is perfect if you want to explore brands.
- Oom Samie se Winkel: Oom Samie se Winkel is the oldest shop in Stellenbosch. You can buy African craft prices, art, food items among other staples.
Below we have a list of things to do in Stellenbosch and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Stellenbosch getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Stellenbosch with confidence.