Capital of Sweden and the most populous city in the country, Stockholm is also one of the most popular destination in the world to make your visit. There are a number of attractions and sights to visit, this city appeals to the imagination of many tourists from around the world, leaving you spellbound. Stockholm is a dream destination and the different attractions like Gamla Stan, Royal Palace, Vasa Museum that range from historical to scenic and from nightlife to shopping are just some of the examples.
Beautiful buildings, world heritage sites and a perfect atmosphere for vacation, Stockholm has it all to make your dream vacation, an unforgettable experience. Rich in literature and richer in architecture, Stockholm also houses many cultural institutions. Hence, offering something or the other to everyone. Museums, art galleries, theatres, amusement parks and what not! Stockholm has it all. If you’re a senior citizen, or a family person or just a teenager, visiting Stockholm is far from getting disappointed. Also regarded as one of the cleanest capitals in the world, Stockholm is a perfect place to sit back and breathe some fresh air.
Moreover, Stockholm offers great quality eateries, shopping, fabulous hotels, lively cultural life and an internationally well-known music and club scene. A boat trip will offer you a completely different facet of this beautiful city. Each one of you should visit Stockholm at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Stockholm.
Essential travel information and Stockholm tips for your visit
- Currency: Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Language: Predominantly Swedish and English.
- Electricity and Internet: Standard voltage is 230 V and standard frequency is 50 Hz. The power sockets used in Sweden are of Type F. Sweden has the second most advanced internet connection in the world. Free Wifi services are available at major public places and mostly all the hotels.
- Swedish Police, Fire, Ambulance: 112.
- Hospital directory: 171 000.
- Rescue and fire service: 540 4600.
- Security: 222 0700.
- Tipping: Tipping in Sweden is not compulsory as most of the bills include service tax.
- A handshake is welcomed rather than monetary tips.
- Stockholm can be visited by people having different colour, religion and even sexual preferences. People here are very warm, friendly and open to new ideas.
Stockholm Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Stockholm. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Stockholm trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Stockholm
Save 6%Stockholm: The Royal Bridges & Canal Tour
1 Hr7 Reviews
Save 20%Stockholm City WalkNew on TripHobo
1 Hr 30 Mins
Save 4%Stockholm Romantic Private Walking TourNew on TripHobo
Save 4%GAILY TOUR in STOCKHOLM - Gay & Lesbian TourNew on TripHobo
Save 10%Shop up a storm in StockholmNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Stockholm's Royal Museums Walking TourNew on TripHobo