Drottningholm PalaceCurrently Open [Closes at 03:30 pm]
- Address: Drottningholm, Stockholm 178 02, Sweden
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +46-84026280
- Ticket Price: 130 SEK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids
Drottningholm Palace - Review
Europe well deserves it’s reputation for the best palaces in the world, and this is another stuning number in it’s terrific collection. A Baroque summer palace famed for its still-in-use Court Theatre (the oldest in the world), magnificent Chinese Pavilions (also known as the Kina Slott), the Central Great Staircase and a beautiful library. The parks too are absolutely stunning and have both formal French and landscaped sections. Walking around these greens, you’re likely to come across some curious and highly stylized structures, that are all a must visit. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 5 Days.
Drottningholm Palace Information
- Museum timings change very seasonally. Check if it’s open before you go.
- Best to get here by car. There is a lot of free parking space.
- Getting to the palace by ferry or boat is also well recommended, nut take an entire hour one way. Catch the boat near city hall.
- Get the guided tour. There is so much to see that is extravagant, that you’ll miss a lot of the smaller but just as fascinating curiosities.
- It only takes about an ours to go over the grounds. The rest of the time is spent getting to and fro.
- There is no photography allowed inside the palace.
Drottningholm Palace Ticket Prices
Ticket Prices from 2017
- Adults: 130 SEK
- Students: 65 SEK
- Children 7-17 years: SEK 65
- Children below 6: Free
- For combination tickets, refer to the website.
Drottningholm Palace Hours
- For public and other holidays, refer to the website.
How To reach Drottningholm Palace by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Drottningholm Palace
- Rolfs Kok
- Ostermalms Saluhall
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Drottningholm Palace
38.63% of people who visit Stockholm include Drottningholm Palace in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.95% of people start their Drottningholm Palace visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Drottningholm Palace
91.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Drottningholm Palace