Drottningholm PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Drottningholm, Stockholm 178 02, Sweden
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +46-84026280
- Ticket Price: 130 SEK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace
Europe well deserves it’s reputation for the best palaces in the world, and this is another stuning number in it’s terrific collection. A Baroque summer palace famed for its still-in-use Court Theatre (the oldest in the world), magnificent Chinese Pavilions (also known as the Kina Slott), the Central Great Staircase and a beautiful library. The parks too are absolutely stunning and have both formal French and landscaped sections. Walking around these greens, you’re likely to come across some curious and highly stylized structures, that are all a must visit. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 5 Days.
- Museum timings change very seasonally. Check if it’s open before you go.
- Best to get here by car. There is a lot of free parking space.
- Getting to the palace by ferry or boat is also well recommended, nut take an entire hour one way. Catch the boat near city hall.
- Get the guided tour. There is so much to see that is extravagant, that you’ll miss a lot of the smaller but just as fascinating curiosities.
- It only takes about an ours to go over the grounds. The rest of the time is spent getting to and fro.
- There is no photography allowed inside the palace.
Ticket Prices from 2017
- Adults: 130 SEK
- Students: 65 SEK
- Children 7-17 years: SEK 65
- Children below 6: Free
- For combination tickets, refer to the website.
- For public and other holidays, refer to the website.
- Rolfs Kok
- Ostermalms Saluhall
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.37% of people who visit Stockholm include Drottningholm Palace in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.95% of people start their Drottningholm Palace visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Drottningholm Palace
91.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Drottningholm Palace
I would like to come and see an opera at Drottningholm opera house. Please could you advise me as to where I can get the information on the internetAnswer Report Abuse