Hallwylska Museet581 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hamngatan 4, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-84023099
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums
This late 19th century palatial home was built for Count Walther von Hallwyl and his wife, Wilhelmina. The countess was a travelbug and collected a lot of art from the places she visited around the world, all of which she ended up donating to Sweden. The house has been preserved as it was in her time. Every inch of it bursts with artworks, stylish paneling, gild work, carpets, exquisite antique furniture, and lovely chandeliers. Even the kitchen and service quarters have been preserved exactly as they were. There are over 50,000 items of interest here in the 40+ rooms.
Hallwylska Museet Travel Tips
- Disabled parking outside Restaurang Riche at Birger Jarlsgatan 4.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Check out the museum shop. The restaurant is only open in the summers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hallwylska Museet
- Special exhibits may have their own prices.
- Guided Tour: SEK 60
- Audio Guide: SEK 40
- Groups Tours: Weekdays - SEK 2000 for up to 20, SEK 2500 for 20-25 people; Weekends - SEK 3000 for up to 20, SEK 3500 for 20-25 people.
- Tours may be arranged after 4:00pm for additional charges.
- Entry is free.
Hallwylska Museet Hours
Guided Tours in English:
- September–May: Saturday 1:30 pm
- June: Saturday - Sunday 12:30 pm
- July & August: Tuesday - Sunday 10:30 am, 12:30 pm
How to Reach Hallwylska Museet
- Trams 7; Buses 54, 69, 76, 91 stop Stockholm Nybroplan.
- Ferries 80, Ressels Rederi stop Stockholm Nybrokajen.
- Subway 11; Bus 412 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2, 3, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
- Subway 13 and 14 stop ostermalmstorg T-bana.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hallwylska Museet Address: Hamngatan 4, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden
- Hallwylska Museet Contact Number: +46-84023099
- Hallwylska Museet Timing: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Hallwylska Museet(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Hallwylska Museet: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.62% of people who visit Stockholm include Hallwylska Museet in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40% of people start their Hallwylska Museet visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hallwylska Museet
80.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hallwylska Museet
People normally club together Royal Palace and Historiska Museet while planning their visit to Hallwylska Museet.