Hallwylska MuseetCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Hamngatan 4, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-84023099
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids
This late 19th century palatial home was built for Count Walther von Hallwyl and his wife, Wilhelmina. The countess was a travelbug and collected a lot of art from the places she visited around the world, all of which she ended up donating to Sweden. The house has been preserved as it was in her time. Every inch of it bursts with artworks, stylish paneling, gild work, carpets, exquisite antique furniture, and lovely chandeliers. Even the kitchen and service quarters have been preserved exactly as they were. There are over 50,000 items of interest here in the 40+ rooms.
- Disabled parking outside Restaurang Riche at Birger Jarlsgatan 4.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Check out the museum shop. The restaurant is only open in the summers.
- Special exhibits may have their own prices.
- Guided Tour: SEK 60
- Audio Guide: SEK 40
- Groups Tours: Weekdays - SEK 2000 for up to 20, SEK 2500 for 20-25 people; Weekends - SEK 3000 for up to 20, SEK 3500 for 20-25 people.
- Tours may be arranged after 4:00pm for additional charges.
- Entry is free.
Guided Tours in English:
- September–May: Saturday 1:30 pm
- June: Saturday - Sunday 12:30 pm
- July & August: Tuesday - Sunday 10:30 am, 12:30 pm
- Trams 7; Buses 54, 69, 76, 91 stop Stockholm Nybroplan.
- Ferries 80, Ressels Rederi stop Stockholm Nybrokajen.
- Subway 11; Bus 412 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2, 3, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
- Subway 13 and 14 stop ostermalmstorg T-bana.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.06% of people who visit Stockholm include Hallwylska Museet in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40% of people start their Hallwylska Museet visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hallwylska Museet
80.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hallwylska Museet
Very, very impressive museum. The fact that everything is kept so pristine is just amazing. It's beautiful and I'm thinking about going back for the guided tour to just learn more about it.
It's impressive to see what this lady was able to put into get Place and being way ahead of her time! I definitely would recommend to have a guided tour to see the Chinese porcelain room
An extremely well-kept palace. Free entrance=free visit. You can have an extended guided tour for a small fee-very friendly guides in epoch costumes. Besides, there's a lovely patio café, very relaxing. It's really worth the visit while in Stockholm!!!
Very nice history in this house, friendly guides... Recommended visit if you're interested in near history and their artifacts, culture and architecture.
Unbelievable Private Selection! Rick Steves should have stopped here and given a report on it. Well worth stopping at.