How to Reach Stockholm
HOW TO GET TO STOCKHOLM
- By Air: Arlanda airport is the major international airport in Stockholm and is well connected to major cities in Europe and United States of America.
- By Rail: Copenhagen, oslo and Narvik are some of the international cities which are connected to Stockholm through rail network.
- By Boat: You can also get in Stockholm through waterways as the water network is quite extensive and it ranges upto Finland, Estonia and Helsinki.
HOW TO GET AROUND STOCKHOLM
- By Rail: If you want to cover very large distances, and the city offers a rail network that is both extensive and efficient. The trains are modern and designed to stand all types of weather. Roads and motorways are free of traffic and are well maintained.
- By Waterways: The city’s islands, lakes and canals offer a network of vintage steamers, canal boats and ferries – small and large.
- By Bus: There is an extensive bus network which will take you to the most popular destinations in Stockholm. The City Terminal is directly connected to the Stockholm Terminal and T Centralen Subway Station.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Stockholm. The most preferred mode of transport in Stockholm is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 16.82 km Average time: 37.16 min
Train/Metro 39.39%Train 22.35 min Walking 6.46 min Waiting 4.42 min Bus 3.88 min Other 0.58 min Overall average time for 14.13 kms 37.69 min
Bike 13.64%Bike 33.67 min Walking 0.22 min Overall average time for 11.56 kms 33.89 min
Walking 9.09%Walking 18.83 min Train 4.17 min Waiting 1.5 min Overall average time for 3.17 kms 24.5 min
Motorbike 1.52%Motorbike 32 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 32 kms 37 min
Car 18.18%Driving 38.75 min Walking 1.42 min Overall average time for 31.83 kms 40.17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.64%Bus 22.44 min Train 9.44 min Walking 6.78 min Waiting 3.89 min Tram 2.22 min Overall average time for 18.11 kms 44.78 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.55%Tram 14.33 min Walking 4.33 min Waiting 2.67 min Bus 2.33 min Train 1.67 min Overall average time for 8.17 kms 25.33 min