Junibacken2574 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Galärvarvsvägen 8, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-858723000
- Ticket Price: 159 SEK
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Children Museums
The statue of Astrid Lindgren welcomes you into what is one of Stockholm’s most visited attractions. It is a museum and cultural center dedicated to children, children’s literature, and the Swedish authors who contributed to this rich heritage. And is is incredible. Colorfully decorated, magically illuminated, lovingly detailed, and entirely interactive, the museum brings to life scenes and characters and places from some of Sweden’s favorite children’s stories. As most adults grow up reading these, they enjoy the nostalgia just as much as children enjoy the novelty.
There are three major highlights. The first is the Storybook Square, which is a Disney-esque neighborhood housing most of the Sweden’s favourite children’s authors. The second is the Story Train, a thrilling 15 minute ride in which Astrid Lindgren’s world of Pippi Longstocking is brought to life. And the last is the bookstore, which is the largest children’s bookstore in the country.
They’ve also added a charming outdoor garden to play in. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 2 Days.
Junibacken Travel Tips
- Disabled accessible.
- Have the sweets and cakes in the restaurant.
Entrance Ticket Details For Junibacken
- Children aged 2 – 15: SEK 139
- Children under 2: free
- Free with Stockholm Pass
- The Storybook Train runs until 4:45pm.
How to Reach Junibacken
- Tram 7; Bus 67, Flygbussarna stop Stockholm Nordiska museet/Vasa.
- Drive to here, but it’s not recommended.
- Ferries 80, 82 and Ressels Rederi stop Stockholm Allmanna grand brygg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Junibacken Address: Galärvarvsvägen 8, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
- Junibacken Contact Number: +46-858723000
- Junibacken Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Junibacken Price: 159 SEK
- Best time to visit Junibacken(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Junibacken: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.32% of people who visit Stockholm include Junibacken in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
86.21% of people start their Junibacken visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Junibacken
81.54% of people prefer walking in order to reach Junibacken
People normally club together Vasa Museum and Nordic Museum while planning their visit to Junibacken.