- Address: Langholmen, Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Outdoors, Beach, Island, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Langholmen - Review
Until 1975, this forested island used to be a prison island. Today the prison complex has been turned into a hotel, restaurant and pub. And the rest of the island’s lands are an extremely popular place for straightforward outdoor activities such as hiking, picnics and swimming on the small beaches. The Malarvarvet on the island is one of Stockholm’s oldest shipyards. There is a small cafe museum. A very favorite spot for walks, picnics and swimming, this area looks extremely picturesque especially during autumn season.
How To reach Langholmen by Public Transport
- You can reach the island by both car and ferry.
- Langholmen brygga Ferry Terminal
- Subway 13, 14; Buses 1, 4, 54, 66, 77, 94, 151, 153, 191, 192, 593, 726, 745 stop Hornstull T-bana.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Langholmen
0.54% of people who visit Stockholm include Langholmen in their plan
50% of people start their Langholmen visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Langholmen
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Langholmen
People normally also visit Gamla Stans Polkagriskokeri while planning their trip to Langholmen.