Moderna MuseetCurrently Closed
- Address: Exercisplan 4, 111 49 Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-852023500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Library, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Featuring Swedish and international modern and contemporary art, including works by masters such as Picasso and Dali and Matisse, this is quite an edgy museum. The sculpture park outside is very cool. Make sure to visit the Art Library, one of the largest of its kind in the Scandinavian region. In a small viewing room you can even see some experimental filmwork by Bunuel or Chaplin. The 4th floor eateries have nice views. Keep updated on current and upcoming events and exhibitions on the museum calendar. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 2 Days.
- Download the audioguide app.
- Check out the restaurant, cafe and coffee bar on the 4th floor.
- 4th floor has free Wi-Fi.
- The museum offers several guided tour packages, including those for babies, the visually impaired, families, schools, and to the outdoor sculpture garden.
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices ranging from SEK 80-120.
- Check the museum’s extensive public holiday special opening and closure schedule on the museum website.
- Ferry 82 stop Stockholm Skeppsholmen brygga.
- Bus 65 stop Stockholm Arkitekt/Moderna mus.
- Subway 10, 11 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2,3, 4, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.04% of people who visit Stockholm include Moderna Museet in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
56.67% of people start their Moderna Museet visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Moderna Museet
69.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moderna Museet
Moderna Museet (The Museum of modern Art.) This Is one of the best museums in Stockholm. They have permanent exhibitions and new ones that really feels fresh and in sync with time and what to see in the world. You can easily spend a whole day here and don’t get bored. They also have a top notch restaurant with a delicious menu. Check the web for your favorite event
Fantastic collections and space, the layout was incredible. Everything was clean and beautiful and it is free and open to the public with only the current special exhibition charging an entry fee. Recommend for anyone interested in the arts or looking for something to do in Stockholm.
Our things were stolen out of our locker, so I wouldn't recommend using them as there is nobody watching! The lockers are sealed with a 4-digit-code you pick yourself but we were told that they sometimes don't work the best. Really unfortunate experience. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful though.
Super spot for inspiration and chill time. Huge bookstore with amazing items & books! Do not miss if you are in Stockholm.
Excellent collections of Modern and Contemporary Art - top of the must-see lists for art lovers and artists alike. A+++++