Moderna MuseetCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Exercisplan 4, 111 49 Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-852023500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Library, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Moderna Museet - Review
Featuring Swedish and international modern and contemporary art, including works by masters such as Picasso and Dali and Matisse, this is quite an edgy museum. The sculpture park outside is very cool. Make sure to visit the Art Library, one of the largest of its kind in the Scandinavian region. In a small viewing room you can even see some experimental filmwork by Bunuel or Chaplin. The 4th floor eateries have nice views. Keep updated on current and upcoming events and exhibitions on the museum calendar. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 2 Days.
Moderna Museet Information
- Download the audioguide app.
- Check out the restaurant, cafe and coffee bar on the 4th floor.
- 4th floor has free Wi-Fi.
- The museum offers several guided tour packages, including those for babies, the visually impaired, families, schools, and to the outdoor sculpture garden.
Moderna Museet Ticket Prices
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices ranging from SEK 80-120.
Moderna Museet Hours
- Check the museum’s extensive public holiday special opening and closure schedule on the museum website.
How To reach Moderna Museet by Public Transport
- Ferry 82 stop Stockholm Skeppsholmen brygga.
- Bus 65 stop Stockholm Arkitekt/Moderna mus.
- Subway 10, 11 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2,3, 4, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Moderna Museet
27.07% of people who visit Stockholm include Moderna Museet in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
56.67% of people start their Moderna Museet visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Moderna Museet
69.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moderna Museet
Moderna Museet Trips
Moderna Museet, Stockholm Reviews
Fantastic collections and space, the layout was incredible. Everything was clean and beautiful and it is free and open to the public with only the current special exhibition charging an entry fee. Recommend for anyone interested in the arts or looking for something to do in Stockholm.
Our things were stolen out of our locker, so I wouldn't recommend using them as there is nobody watching! The lockers are sealed with a 4-digit-code you pick yourself but we were told that they sometimes don't work the best. Really unfortunate experience. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful though.
Nice facility with interesting art, but personally, I would say it’s not for me. Quite abstract. There’s the free exhibition, which is the permanent exhibition, and also the paid one. I went to the free one so I’m not sure how the other one was. They had lockers to store your stuff.
Great museum to visit, a short pleasant walk from the Grand Hotel. Excellent exhibit by NATHALIE DJURBERG & HANS BERG while I was there, that alone was worth the visit, which included a superb VR exhibit that alone was worth the entry price. Their permanent collection is also worth the visit with a reasonable audio guide (could be more extensive), that you download on your phone. (Free wifi available)
To us it’s the best museum in Stockholm (without National museum, which was closed for renovation during our stay there). Free admission to permanent collections, good quality and large quantities of collections featuring Matisse, Modgliani, Picasso and so on. Spacious and quiet. Staff was very helpful and considerate.