Moderna Museet, Stockholm
About Moderna Museet, Stockholm
Moderna Museet, Stockholm - Address, Phone Number
Address: Exercisplan 4, 111 49 Stockholm, Sweden
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 10.1K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Library, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Featuring Swedish and international modern and contemporary art, including works by masters such as Picasso and Dali and Matisse, this is quite an edgy museum. The sculpture park outside is very cool. Make sure to visit the Art Library, one of the largest of its kind in the Scandinavian region. In a small viewing room you can even see some experimental filmwork by Bunuel or Chaplin. The 4th floor eateries have nice views. Keep updated on current and upcoming events and exhibitions on the museum calendar.
Moderna Museet Information
- Download the audioguide app.
- Check out the restaurant, cafe and coffee bar on the 4th floor.
- 4th floor has free Wi-Fi.
- The museum offers several guided tour packages, including those for babies, the visually impaired, families, schools, and to the outdoor sculpture garden.
Moderna Museet Ticket Prices
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices ranging from SEK 80-120.
Moderna Museet Opening and Closing Hours
- Check the museum’s extensive public holiday special opening and closure schedule on the museum website.
How To reach Moderna Museet by Public Transport
- Ferry 82 stop Stockholm Skeppsholmen brygga.
- Bus 65 stop Stockholm Arkitekt/Moderna mus.
- Subway 10, 11 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2,3, 4, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Moderna Museet, Stockholm Reviews - Write a Review
Not as big as some of the modern art collections in some of the other big European cities, but a great modern art collection. Picasso, du Champs, Matisse, Mondrian, etc. Also good design exhibition. All in all good, pretty small but definitely worth a visit.
Ok but nothing special. Bit small. Some nice things. The 'Swedish architecture' expo was - to me - hard to follow. Chaotic layout. Nice atmosphere and location. No entry fee. Worth a quick visit.
Moderna museet, museum of contemporary art in Stockholm is a great museum that I go back to time after time and not only because they have great temporary exhibitions but also because they have a great permanent collection that you can see many times and I always stay a bit longer with the Matisse collection. They also gave a great coffee shop and restaurant with great views of Stockholm.
Always worth a visit if you are in the neighbourhood. Some free exhibitions and some are paid. Restaurant is great as well with a fantastic view over Djurgården.
The house of ugliness... what children have lost in this house is a good question? Rating movies why not rate "ART".... The answer from the great inquistor to the question what is heresy was, that heresy is whatever he says it is. Now try again: What is ART?
- Nearby Attractions
- Mälarpaviljongen Ab
- Scandic Sjöfartshotellet
- Aifur Krog & Bar
- Gota Kallare
- Htl Hotels Kungsgatan
- National Museum
- Stockholm Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stockholm
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stockholm