About Nationalmuseum, Stockholm
Nationalmuseum, Stockholm - Address, Phone Number
Address: Södra Blasieholmshamnen 2, 111 48 Stockholm, Sweden
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Founded in 1792, greatly benefited by King Gustav III and Carl Gustaf Tessin, the museum is essentially an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Nordic, Scandinavian and Swedish art. Porcelain, drawings, sculptures, textiles, glassworks, metalworks, precious metals, paintings, modern art, and a plethora of drawings make up the bulk of the permanent collection. Highlights include works by Rembrandt, Ruben, Goya, Renoir, Carl Larsson, and Ernst Josephson. Representing masterpieces of art and design, this museum is an institution when it comes to showcasing progeny.
Nationalmuseum Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Nationalmuseum Opening and Closing Hours
- Nationalmuseum Design @ Kulturhuset Stadsteatern: Exhibits are usually open from 11:00am to 4:00pm throughout the year.
- Check before you go on a public holiday.
How To reach Nationalmuseum by Public Transport
- Trams 7; Buses 54, 69, 76, 91 stop Stockholm Nybropla
- Ferries 80, Ressels Rederi stop Stockholm Nybrokajen
- Subway 11; Bus 412 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana
- Ferries 2, 3, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen
- Subway 13 and 14 stop Ostermalmstorg T-bana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nationalmuseum, Stockholm Reviews - Write a Review
The National Museum in the center of Stockholm has a wonderful collection of Fine Arts.
One very good art museum
Entry is about 100sek. Nice painting collection, and a weird modern art objects collection, not my favorite part of the museum.
We had a very nice day at the Nationalmuseum. We started with a fantastic lunch at Restaurant Atrium followed by i great tour at the museum. Nicelly located by the water in the city centre!
Fantastisk byggnad, fantastisk renovering! Ska bli mycket intressant att se hur muséet ser med tavlor och konst.
- Nearby Attractions
- Stockholms Stadsmission Second Hand
- Lisas Café & Hembageri
- Östermalmshallens Sushibar Ab
- House Of Dagmar
- Stockholm Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stockholm
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stockholm