Parliament House, Stockholm
About Parliament House, Stockholm
Parliament House, Stockholm - Address, Phone Number
Address: Riksgatan 1, 100 12 Stockholm, Sweden
Time Required: 00:20 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.5K times in trip plans
Tour, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Even if you don't end up actually going inside the parliament, it is worth walking by in front just to check out the gloriously beautiful facade - Neoclassical and Baroque Revival. It looks regal and stately enough in the daytime but when lit up in the evenings, the lakeside island location makes it look magical. Technically the building is not open to the public, but thousands of people still manage to visit it every year by either a guided tour, to attend the debate, or to sit in at the hearing.
Parliament House Information
- Disabled accessible.
- 28 slots per guided tour.
Parliament House Ticket Prices
- All tours of the parliament are provided free of charge.
Parliament House Opening and Closing Hours
- September - June: Saturdays and Sundays
- English tours at 1:30pm.
- No guided tours Christmas and New Year weekends.
- Other guided tours may take place anywhere between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How To reach Parliament House by Public Transport
- Buses 53, 57, 65 stop Gustav Adolfs torg.
- Subway 11; Bus 412 stop Kungstradgarden T-bana.
- Ferries 2, 3, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 19, 26 stop Stockholm Stromkajen.
- Subway 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 stop Gamla Stan T-bana.
- Buses 3, 53 stop Malartorget.
- Bus 59 stop Kornhamnstorg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parliament House, Stockholm Reviews - Write a Review
Looks pretty imposing from the outside. Located close to the central part of the city. They have guided tours here, which am told is good. Located next to the Royal Palace.
Beautiful architecture. The view along the small bridge was awesome. The bridge brings you to the main shopping area towards north.
Beautiful building with an informative guided tour in English. Make sure to get in line early as there is a cap, and bring some SEK change for the lockers because you can't take anything inside other than your camera. Tour guides were a bit grouchy but willing to answer questions. Worth a visit if interested in Sweden's political system.
Only crooked extremist loving politicaly correct politicians. Only decent party are the sweden democrats.
Rating for organization as we didn't get in. We arrived over 50 minutes early. We should have made the tour but people in front of us were space holding for others. No employees showed up until 10 minutes before the tour began and by then the line was well over 60 people long. Someone should have been there to facilitate organization and prevent people cutting and saving spaces in line. Staff showed no interest rectifying this. Unfortunate.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sthlm Standardstore Ab
- Stockholm Outback
- Café Opera
- Stockholm Visitor Center
- Högalids Kyrka
- Kajsas Fisk
- Stockholm Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stockholm
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stockholm