About Riddarholmskyrkan, Stockholm
Riddarholmskyrkan, Stockholm - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Riddarholmen, 111 28 Stockholm, Sweden
Ticket Price: 50 SEK
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located on the islet of the same name, just off Gamla Stan, this elegant and soaring church is the burial location of Swedish royalty. Some parts of the original 13th century structure still remain. It is also the city’s only remaining preserved medieval monastery. The main highlight is the marble sarcophagus of Gustav II Adolf. It does not function as a church any longer, though. Sometimes concerts are held here. The exterior exhibits grandeur and looks awe inspiring. Some of the most popular graves are those of Gustav II Adolf, Karl XII, Gustav V and their consorts.
- Guided tours can be prebooked.
- The church is really dark and cold November - March.
- No parking near the church.
- No toilets at the church.
- Wheelchair accessible, but no toilets.
Riddarholmskyrkan Ticket Prices
- Adult: (7–17 years old) SEK 25.
- Child: Free for under 7.
- Combination tickets available for Riddaarholm church + Royal Palace + Treasury + the Tre Kronor Museum + Gustav III's Museum of Antiquities: Adults- SEK 180; Kids- SEK 90
Riddarholmskyrkan Opening and Closing Hours
- Also open on Ascension Day, Sweden's National Day, Midsummer Eve, Midsummer Day.
- Guided Tours: 14 May–14 September: Swedish at 10:30am, English at 11:30am.
- Check out the calendar for holidays and open days.
How To reach Riddarholmskyrkan by Public Transport
- Subway 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 stop Gamla Stan T-bana.
- Buses 3, 53 stop Malartorget.
- Bus 59 stop Kornhamnstorg.
- Buses 2, 53, 55, 57, 76, 96, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195 stop Slottsbacken.
- Ferries 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 26, 82 stop Stockholm Slussen kajen.
- Green Ferry Line stop Riddarholmen Ferry Terminal.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Riddarholmskyrkan, Stockholm Reviews - Write a Review
Less glamourous than Gamla Stan's big churches but a beautifulcold church. Admittedly nicer on the outside though.
Wonderful church and history of the Swedish royalty, housing over 200 graves including kings and their family.
The island and church are definitely worth at least a little of your time while in Stockholm. Beautiful architecture and nice views.
Just church ..and it's famous in Stockholm and you can see a sea its near from church
Just a church you can see the tower from anywhere one you are in Gamla Stan. It is located in Ridderholmen island in the and is part of Gamla Stan
- Nearby Attractions
- Sigtuna Busstation
- Wedholms Fisk
- Moderna Museets Vänner
- Café Panorama
- Johan & Nyström Konceptbutik
- Café Saturnus
- Rolling Street Food
- Nytorget 6
- Stockholm Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stockholm
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stockholm