- Address: Sandhamn, Sweden, Stockholm
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Family And Kids
Sandhamn - Review
Sometime during the late 19th century the intellectuals of Sweden discovered this little seaside community and fell in love with it. Their increased eventually developed the interest of tourists. As a result today the town is Stockholm’s favorite summer party weekend getaway. The first thing to do is walk around the charming old 17th century village which was built by the worksman and fisherman of times gone by. Check out the historical sea pilot station. During the day it’s all about the great outdoors. Rent a kayak and take it out into the river, hike the trails in the pine forests, and hit the white sands beach on Trouville. At night it is all about the bars and the clubs.
Other activities in town:
- The Sandhamns Museum archipelago museum, Australia explores life on the islands.
- Spa at the Sandhamn Yacht Hotel.
- The old cemetery just outside town.
- Spring and autumn have are not as crowded. Avoid going in winter.
How To reach Sandhamn by Public Transport
- Buses 221, 714; Ferries 16, 90 stop Sandhamn brygga.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sandhamn
0.17% of people who visit Stockholm include Sandhamn in their plan
95% of people start their Sandhamn visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Sandhamn