- Address: Hantverkargatan 1, 111 52 Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-850829000
- Ticket Price: 80 SEK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tower
Stadshuset - Review
If you didn’t know why, you’d think that the locals overhype the place. Their love for the bulding is derived from it’s deep ties to the Swedish National Romaticism. It’s also the location for the yearly Nobel Prize festivities. In other words, htye view it as a tangible proof of love for country. Most of it’s 8 million bricks were handcrafted. It’s decorated with a number of statues and paintings which depict Swedish history. The top of the tower offers awesome views of the city and the Gamla Stan, if you can dare to climb it’s 365 steps. No elevators, sorry. The towers is topped with a kronor weathervane, the national emblem of Stockholm. The interior are vast and beautiful, especially the ornately tiled Golden Room.
- The tower and the tower museum is only open during the summer.
- The Stadhuset is only visitable by guided tour, whether public or private. The tours last 45 minutes, and their timings may change day to day. Call ahead to book a private one if you want, or you can take a public tour.
Stadshuset Ticket Prices
Prices for Guided Tours 2017:
- Adult: 80 SEK
- Senior (over 65 years): 7$
- Students: 7 $
- Children 12-19 years old: 30 SEK
- Children 0-11 years: free
April to October 2017
- Adult: 110 SEK
- Senior (over 65 years): 90 kr
- Students: 90 kr
- Children 12-19 years old: 50 SEK
- Children 0-11 years: free
- There are no specific timings for City Hall.
- You can visit it only through a guided tour.
- Public guided tours are held daily from about 10am to 3pm, depending on the season.
Ticket office timings:
- April-September: 08:30am to 4pm
- October to March 8:30am to 4:30pm
The tower remains open from May to September, remains shut between October to April.
How To reach Stadshuset by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Stadshuset
- Fem Sma
- Hus Linguini
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Stadshuset
43.9% of people who visit Stockholm include Stadshuset in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
73.26% of people start their Stadshuset visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stadshuset
89.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stadshuset
1 View3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Enskede-Årsta-vantör from ManchesterBy: Guest UserCity: Enskede-Årsta-vantör
Stadshuset, Stockholm Reviews
This is the bus stop close to the city hall in Stockholm. Inside the city hall our local politicians meet each other and votes together. This is also where the Nobel price banquet is held. Some people choose to get married here in the large tower. The building is almost a hundred years old and it took fifteen years to build by an architect named Ragnar. About eight million red bricks were used. One room is covered in gilded mosaic. So beautiful! I have heard that the whole house is slowly sinking down in to the water, but if that is true or not I can't really tell. The guides are very good in the city hall. The guards are friendly as well. If the weather is nice and warm I can recommend the small icecream shop just outside the back entrance by the water.
Stockholm stadshus ( the Stockholm city hall). It is the venue of the Nobel prize banquet and it is one or Stockholm major tourest attraction. There is a small park betwen the building and the lake MäLaren shore is adorned with several sculptures ...
Must see if visiting Stockholm as a tourist!
Die Führung war klar verständlich, in guter Sprache und wirklich gut gemacht. Interessante Geschichte des Stockholmer Rathauses. Die Besichtigung des Turms ist extra zu bezahlen aber sehenswert.
Un incroyable hôtel de ville plein d’histoire que l’on peut découvrir grâce à un guide. Le superbe jardin offre une vue splendide et un bel espace détente. An incredible city hall with a unique history, that you can visit with a guide to learn more about it. The beautiful garden offers a splendid view and a nice relaxation area.