Thielska Galleriet, Stockholm
About Thielska Galleriet, Stockholm
Thielska Galleriet, Stockholm - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Sjotullsbacken 8, 115 25 Stockholm, Sweden
Ticket Price: 100 SEK
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
Added 491 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This intimate house was built for banker and collector Ernest Thiel, who, after losing his fortune, donated his collection to the state in 1924. In doing so, he gifted the state one of the world’s finest collection of Nordic art dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Some of the prominent artists who find a space here are E Jansson, Carl Larsson, Bruno Liljefors and Anders Zorn and Edvard Munch. The rooms in the floor above are the nicest, for they show off the collection in natural light coming in through glass ceilings. Check out the Munch room and the death masks of Nietzsche.
Thielska Galleriet Information
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The Monika Ahlberg cafe has homemade baked stuff.
Thielska Galleriet Ticket Prices
- Adults: 100 SEK
- Students and seniors (65 and over): 80 SEK
- Free Admission for children and young people under the age of 18.
- Free Admission with the Stockholm card, ICOM, and for members of the Friends of the Thiel Gallery.
Thielska Galleriet Opening and Closing Hours
- Check out the calendar for Museum Holidays.
How To reach Thielska Galleriet by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bus 69 stop Thielska galleriet
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
Thielska Galleriet, Stockholm Reviews - Write a Review
Great place to see Swedish art in a historically interesting setting. Hard to get to. And the signs explaining the works are only in Swedish.
Great atmosphere and food
Absolutely, a worth to visit, for the early 1900s romantic art lovers, also suprised by the huge collection of the Edward Munch.
Wonderful little museum + a nice cafe for Fike or lunch!
Set in a very pleasant location, this early 20th century stately home gives a breathtaking view on the high culture of Stockholm before WWI, and has art for anybody to enjoy.
- Nearby Attractions
- Excellence Hotels Ab Crystal Plaza Hotel
- Urban Deli
- Marquise Club
- Sagerska Huset
- Etnografiska Museet Biblioteket
- Sigtuna Busstation
- Miss Clara By Nobis
- O'connell's Irish Pub
- Queen Street Barbers
- Stockholm Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 48 Hours in Stockholm
- What to See in 72 Hours in Stockholm
- How to Spend 5 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 6 Days in Stockholm
- How to Spend 7 Days in Stockholm