Waldemarsudde458 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Prins Eugens Väg 6, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-854583700
- Ticket Price: 120 SEK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Garden, Historical Site, Sculpture
Swedish Prince Eugen fell in love with this particular bit of land full of centuries-old oak trees and had architect Ferdinand Boberg build him a house here. He was a painter and after his death the house was converted into an art museum for his works as well as some other painters. The Art Nouveau interior is fetchingly and lavishly appointed, making the best use of natural light. As for the fine art, itself, it took the prince over 60 years to collect all this excellent Nordic art, with a lot of focus on the early late 19th and 20th century painters. The Prince himself has roughly 3200 paintings of his own here.
It’s a beautiful complex comprised of the parklands, flower and sculpture gardens, a 17th century linseed oil mill (Waldemarsuddes oljekvarn), the Prince’s botanical nursery (Tradgardsmasteriet Prins Eugens Valdemarsudde), the stables, the garage, an old boathouse and an old manor in addition to the museum building. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Stockholm Itinerary 2 Days.
Waldemarsudde Travel Tips
- Check out the restaurant and cafe.
- Check out the museum website for upcoming events.
- Guided tours last 60 minutes and take up to a max of 30 people.
Entrance Ticket Details For Waldemarsudde
- Get the audio guide at the Museum shot for SEK 20.
- Seniors/Students SEK 100
- Groups of 10 or more SEK 100/person.
- Free for 19 and under.
- Guided Tours: 1 700 SEK/group for before 4:30pm; 2 250 SEK/group after 4:30pm and weekends.
- Guided tours in English at 2:00pm in the summers until August 31.
How to Reach Waldemarsudde
- Tram 7 stop Stockholm Waldemarsudde.
- Bus 67, Flygbussarna stop Stockholm Nordiska museet/Vasa.
- Drive to here, but it’s not recommended.
- Ferries 80, 82 and Ressels Rederi stop Stockholm Allmanna grand brygg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Stockholm before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Stockholm and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.01% of people who visit Stockholm include Waldemarsudde in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.32% of people start their Waldemarsudde visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Waldemarsudde
67.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waldemarsudde