How to Reach Strasbourg
Strasbourg is one of the best-connected European cities, with bus, train and good road links.
Airports serving Strasbourg:
- Strasbourg International Airport (SXB) – 10 minutes from the city by rail
- Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport (EAP) – 80 minutes away by train
- Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (FKB)–60 km away
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) – Three hours away
By Rail– Most major European destinations are now less than 3 hours away
- SNCF (French Railways)
- Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- West – Paris (4 hours) and Luxemborg (2 hours 15 minutes)
- South – Lyon (5 hours) and Switzerland
- North and East – Germany
- The city is pedestrianized; meaning one of the best ways to get around is by bicycle on bike lanes. A good number of places at convenient locations rent out cycles.
- Public transport revolves around buses and trams – both of which are covered under a single ticketing system. Tickets can be availed at tubas, tourist offices, or from vending machines at tram stops.
- Frequent users should look into the Euro pass ticket.
- Once you’re close, cars are left on the perimeter, where an excellent public transport system, including popular tram service, takes over, as the city centre is pedestrianized.