How to Reach Strasbourg - The Easiest Way to Reach Strasbourg
Strasbourg is one of the best-connected European cities, with bus, train and good road links.
Airports serving Strasbourg:
- Strasbourg International Airport (SXB) – 10 minutes from the city by rail
- Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport (EAP) – 80 minutes away by train
- Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (FKB)–60 km away
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) – Three hours away
By Rail– Most major European destinations are now less than 3 hours away
- SNCF (French Railways)
- Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- West – Paris (4 hours) and Luxemborg (2 hours 15 minutes)
- South – Lyon (5 hours) and Switzerland
- North and East – Germany
- The city is pedestrianized; meaning one of the best ways to get around is by bicycle on bike lanes. A good number of places at convenient locations rent out cycles.
- Public transport revolves around buses and trams – both of which are covered under a single ticketing system. Tickets can be availed at tubas, tourist offices, or from vending machines at tram stops.
- Frequent users should look into the Euro pass ticket.
- Once you’re close, cars are left on the perimeter, where an excellent public transport system, including popular tram service, takes over, as the city centre is pedestrianized.
Are you looking for a Strasbourg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Strasbourg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Strasbourg. The most preferred mode of transport in Strasbourg is Bike.
Average distance: 13.31 km Average time: 25.38 min
Bike 42.86%Bike 10.33 min Overall average time for 3.17 kms 10.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 15 min Walking 5 min Train 4 min Waiting 3 min Overall average time for 12 kms 27 min
Car 42.86%Driving 25 min Walking 3.33 min Overall average time for 25 kms 28.33 min
How to Reach Strasbourg from Nearby Cities
|Kehl to Strasbourg||7.6 km||7 mins|
|Barr to Strasbourg||38.33 km||38 mins|
|Niederbronn-les-bains to Strasbourg||42.18 km||42 mins|
|Freiburg im breisgau to Strasbourg||65.16 km||1 hour 5 mins|
|Colmar to Strasbourg||70.37 km||1 hour 10 mins|
|Karlsruhe to Strasbourg||86.52 km||1 hour 26 mins|
|Queidersbach to Strasbourg||88.04 km||1 hour 28 mins|
|Kaiserslautern to Strasbourg||94.36 km||1 hour 34 mins|
|Hütschenhausen to Strasbourg||96.96 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Otterbach to Strasbourg||99.54 km||1 hour 39 mins|