Are you looking for what to do in Strasbourg?
WHAT TO SEE
- Take a boat trip: Bateau- Mouche style craft leave from the quay by the Palais des Rohan, and sail round the Grand Ile past the European Parliament offering spectacular views of City and riverbank. Allow 2 hours.
- The Cathedral: Key features are its single spire, and its strange collections of graffiti that date from the 18th and 19thcenturies. Historical visitors from all over Europe had their names and the date of their visit inscribed into the soft sandstone. Some of Napoleon’s officers’ names are obvious by the inclusion of their ranks. The interior is as equally attractive with stunning stained glass and an unexpected apse in the Byzantine style. Part of the giant astronomical clock date back to the 16thcentury.2 hours should be enough.
- Museums: Strasbourg has a collection of excellent galleries and museums. Check out the Musee des Beaux-Arts for its collection of European paintings dating from the Renaissance to the 19th century, and the Musée d'Art Moderne et Contemporain on the banks of the Ill. This purpose built gallery is as stunning as its exhibits. Its eclectic collection includes several Picassos and a couple of rooms devoted to Strasbourg born abstract sculptor Hans Arp. Drop in or spend as long as you like.
- Strasbourg has its share of chic shops and excellent weekend markets, perfect for window shopping or bargain hunting.
- Don’t miss the flea market in the place de l'Hôpital and Rue Gutenberg’s flower market. The best is considered to be the farmers' market on place du Marché aux Poissons. Here you’ll find a massive selection of locally grownfruit and vegetables, honey, local hand-made sausages and cheeses and freshly caught river fish.
Bars and Night Life:
- AcadEmie de la Bière is the place for beer loving night owls. Staying open daily until 0400, it offers more than 70 varieties of beer (including beer cocktails) served in gorgeous, wooded interiors.
- Each of the two floors at trendy Le Divan has a different ambience and a striking décor. R’n B, Latin, house, soul goove and salsa make for a heady playlist.
Below we have a list of things to do in Strasbourg and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Strasbourg getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Strasbourg with confidence.