How to Reach Stuttgart
The Easiest Way to Reach Stuttgart
- By Air:Leinfelden-Echterdingen Airport. Practically every major European hub has a flight into this airport. Flights from Frankfurt (via Lufthansa) can be switched out for a ride on Deutsche Bahn strigt into the Central Business district. The S-Bahn S2 and S3 will get you from the airport to Stuttgarts centre in 30 minutes. Tickets have to be validated at the orange boxes though.
- By Train: The Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof station is well connected to every major European destination.
- By Car: State Highways A8 and A81 lead to the very centre of Stuttgart.
Public transport consists of the S-Bahn and the underground Stadtbahn and the bus network. The system is working until 0100 in the morning, though you might find some night buses. Getting around becomes easier if you have a 3 day ticket with you, and there are two of those: one for Stuttgart city (Zone 10 and zone 20) and one for the whole VVS network.All day ticktes are a good idea also remember to stamp the tickets. The stap machines are inside the vehicles for buses and the undergrounds, but at the stations for the S-Bahn. Two special modes of transports are the rack railway and the cable car; but the regular tickets work there too.
Walking is an excellent way to get around most of the major attractions.
All carparks in the city are paid, and you’re generally advised against driving before you get a feel of the city’s traffic. Taxis are really expensive.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Stuttgart and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Stuttgart
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Stuttgart. The most preferred mode of transport in Stuttgart is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 12.47 km Average time: 30.75 min
Train/Metro 31.58%Train 22.5 min Waiting 7.17 min Walking 7.17 min Bus 2.33 min Overall average time for 14.17 kms 39.17 min
Bike 10.53%Bike 15 min Walking 1.5 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 16.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.26%Bus 30 min Overall average time for 15 kms 30 min
Walking 26.32%Walking 19 min Waiting 2 min Train 1.4 min Tram 1.4 min Overall average time for 3.9 kms 23.8 min
Car 10.53%Driving 37.5 min Overall average time for 32.5 kms 37.5 min
- How to reach Cities Near Stuttgart
- How to reach Neufarn
- How to reach Münchhausen Am Christenberg
- How to reach Lohra
- How to reach Betteldorf
- How to reach Bosenbach
- How to reach Hungen
- How to reach Dingelstädt
- How to reach Martinstein
- How to reach Blaubach
- How to reach Tuningen
- How to reach Bernried
- How to reach Mötzing
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Bolívar
- How to reach Gorham
- How to reach Bainbridge
- How to reach Niederdorf
- How to reach Dhordo
- How to reach Wairakei
- How to reach Glenorchy
- How to reach Fox Glacier
- How to reach Cape Foulwind
- How to reach Kaiteriteri