How to Reach Surat
HOW TO GET TO SURAT
- By Air: Surat airport was opened in 2007. Indian Airlines has one flight daily to and from Delhi and Spicejet has daily flights to and from Mumbai and Delhi.
- By Train: Surat is connected to national railway system through the western railways connecting to most of the major cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Vadodara. Through Udhana Junction and Tapti line there is also a connection to central railways. Plenty of local and super-fast trains like Shatabdi Express and Kranti Rajdhani are available.
- By Car: The Golden Quadrilateral highway system will pass through Surat at its expected completion. At present the city is connected to the National Highway 8 through a 16-km connector highway. National highway 6 starts from Hazira and connects the city to Dhule, Nagpur, Raipur, Sambalpur, Kharagpur and Kolkata.
- By Bus: Comfortable Volvo buses run throughout the day and connect from major cities of Gujrat, Mumbai and other Indian cities. The city has a local city bus system.
HOW TO GET AROUND SURAT
- By Bus: There is a local bus system which is quite well connected within the city also, the Surat city bus and BRTS (Bus Rapid Transport System). The rates are also quite cheap.
- By Auto-rickshaw: The city’s local transport system is the privately-operated auto rickshaws.
- By Rental Cars: There are many rental car services which you can book for your entire trip or day to move about in the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Surat. The most preferred mode of transport in Surat is Car.
Average distance: 13.07 km Average time: 31.5 min
Car 37.5%Driving 27.5 min Walking 1.83 min Overall average time for 15.5 kms 29.33 min
Motorbike 18.75%Motorbike 20 min Overall average time for 9.33 kms 20 min
Bike 25%Bike 40 min Overall average time for 14.25 kms 40 min
Walking 6.25%Walking 30 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 5 kms 45 min
|Vadodara to Surat||53.54 km||53 mins|
|Ahmedabad to Surat||66.1 km||1 hour 6 mins|
|Mumbai to Surat||68.67 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Pune to Surat||141.53 km||2 hours 21 mins|
|Amalner to Surat||246.37 km||4 hours 6 mins|
|Hubballi to Surat||310.31 km||5 hours 10 mins|