Are you looking for what to do in Surat?
THINGS TO DO
Surat is the place of traditional beauty with a lot of things to do. There are shopping places where you can shop Surat’s traditional clothes and dupattas. There are beaches, museums, castle and a lot more to explore in the city. If you are musically inclined then a lot of folk music will come your way. The historical remains and ginormous gardens are some of the must visit places. Indulge yourself in the culture of the city which is maintained by the city and in some mouth-watering food. Peak time to visit the city would be during the Navratri and off season is definitely during the summers.
- Free things to do in Surat: Take a long walk in the Dumas beach and unsnarl the mystery of the beach. There are a bunch of beautifully made temples in Surat like the Iskon temple and moany more, go there and wish for the things that you want to have in your life. Take a tour through the culture of the city by visiting all the art places in the city. You could also visit the Dutch garden to have a sedate evening.
- Things to do in Surat with family and kids: There are plenty of things that families can do in Surat. Starting from a whole day trip of history and culture of Surat or shopping in the local bazaars or just indulging in the delicacies of the city are few of the options that you can have in your list. If you are there somewhere around March to October the spend the weekend at the Jagdishchandra Bose Aquarium. It is said that your trip to Surat is incomplete without visiting the Dandi beach. Visiting the Science Centre or the Vansada National Park with your kids can be a fun thing to do.
- Things to do in Surat for couples: Go sightseeing or spend a day in the water park, if you both are adventurous enough while on a vacation to Surat. Some of the most romantic places of Surat are the ONGC bridge (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) where usually you will find love birds spending quality time, The Hajira and Dumas beaches where just strolling around is also a fun thing to do with your partner. Watch a show in the Rang Upvan open amphitheatre and get involved artistically. Go berserk shopping in the shopping malls like Rahul Raj mall or Iskon Mega Mall and many more.
- Things to do in Surat at night: Gujarat being a dry state you would not really expect lounges all over the city for you to sit and drink but to your surprize there are clubs around the Dumas road. There are plenty of food joints that you can explore as the Surat’s food is one of its main attractions. Walk by the beaches for a more tranquil and quiet kind of night.
- Unusual things to do in Surat: Surat is home to some of the finest restaurants in India so delicacies like Lasan nu kachu, Sarasiakhaja etc to serve your foodie nature. Engage yourself in sporting fun at the WarZone Paintball. Visit the 400-year-old Chintamani Temple which might not shoo away the worries but will definitely be a treat to you constantly working mind.
Below we have a list of things to do in Surat and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Surat getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Surat with confidence.