Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain TempleCurrently Open
Located at around three miles from the Fengqiao old town, this temple was originally built during the Liang dynasty. It was renovated repeatedly and the current 10600 square metres of area represents the architectural style of Qing dynasty.
Attractions within the temple area include:
- Grand prayer hall
- Sutra-collection building
- Bell tower
- Fengjian Pabilion
- Tablets corridor
- Puming Pagoda
- Statue of Han shan
- The stone tablet inscription of the poem A Night Mooring near Maple Bridge
- Statue of Sakyamuni
- Hingfa hall and the bronze statues of eminent monks
A Buddhism temple, the Hanshan temple is mostly known for its bell rings. The bell is tolled every year on New Years Eve of Chinese lunar calendar attracts tourists all round the world.
Experience the peace of this important Buddhist centre and marvel its spectacular natural backdrop on your visit.
Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple Travel Tips
- When visiting this temple, also visit the old town to observe the minimalistic living of the locals.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple
- The ticket price for April 21st to October 20th : CNY 20.
How to Reach Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple
- You can also take bus no. 30, 31, 33, 40, 44, 300, 301, 307, 313, 324, 332, 406, 415, 442, 622, 816.
- Eateries in the old town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Suzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Suzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.9% of people who visit Suzhou include Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40.63% of people start their Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hanshan Temple Or Cold Mountain Temple