How to Reach Suzhou
HOW TO GET TO SUZHOU
- By Air: Suzhou doesn’t have its own airport and the nearest airport is Shanghai. Alternatively, Wuxi, Nanjing and Hangzhou airports are also closely located.
- By Bus: There are shuttle buses from all these major airports to Suzhou. There is bus connectivity to Suzhou from cities like Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Zhangjiagang, Changzhou and Kunshan. There are three main bus stations serving the city.
- By Train: Suzhou has four main train stations namely: Suzhou Station (Suzhou Zhan), Suzhou North Station (Suzhou Bei Zhan), Suzhou Industrial Park Station (Suzhou Yuanqu), and Suzhou Xinqu Station. There are frequent high-speed trains to Beijing, Shanghai, Wuxi, Changzhou, Zhenjiang and Nanjing.
HOW TO GET AROUND SUZHOU
- By Bus: Buses are the best Suzhou transportation and there are special tourism line buses that take you to major attractions.
- By Metro: Few lines of the metro are in operation and it is a efficient way to get around Suzhou.
- By Pedicabs: Available easily, this is the way to get around like the locals. Always negotiate prices before getting in.
- By Taxis: Not ideal way to get around; taxis are hard to find and the taxi drivers rarely speak English.
- By Bicycles: Adventure lovers can go around by hiring a bicycle.
- On foot: You can also explore some areas on foot, but the entire city is pretty huge to walk around.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Suzhou. The most preferred mode of transport in Suzhou is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8.92 km Average time: 30.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 33.33%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 23.5 min
Car 16.67%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 6.6 kms 25 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 15 min Overall average time for 1.45 kms 15 min
Tram/Streetcar 16.67%Tram 34 min Walking 30 min Waiting 10 min Train 8 min Overall average time for 20 kms 82 min