One of the four most important classical gardens of Suzhou, Lion grove garden was built in mid-fourteenth century during the rule of Yuan dynasty. The garden gets its name from the Lion cliff on Mountain Xitianmu in Zhejiang Province which also has many rock formations resembling lions. The garden was renamed several times and has always been a popular focal point for Buddhism activities.
Spread over 10,000 square metres, it has an outstanding architecture. Attractions include:
- True delight pavilion (Zhenquting)
- Standing-in-Snow Hall (Lixuetang)
- Pavilion for Greeting the Plum Blossoms (Wenmeige)
- Small Square Hall (Xiaofangting)
- Nine lion peak
- Collection of Labyrinthine rockery, Rare tablets, steles, Paintings and calligraphies
Old pines, walkways, paths, caverns, sharp crags, narrow valleys and steep peaks add to the natural grandeur of this historically, architecturally and religiously significant garden.
Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin Travel Tips
- Includes a lot of walking; wear comfortable shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin
- Ticket price for January, February, March, June, November and December: CNY 30.
- Ticket price for April, May, July, August, September and October: CNY 40.
How to Reach Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin
- Bus no. 529, 811 or Tourism Bus No.1 & 5
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Suzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Suzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.2% of people who visit Suzhou include Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
67.31% of people start their Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin
84.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lion Grove Garden Or Shi Zi Lin