Suzhou MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 204 Dongbei Street, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 512-67575666
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Performance, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Suzhou Museum - Review
Originally a site of the Mansion of Prince Zong, this museum was founded in 1960 and is dedicated to porcelains, relics of the revolution, most notably celadon, handicraft works, calligraphies and paintings of Ming and Qing Dynasties which define the history, art and culture of Suzhou and Yangtze delta.
Exhibition halls surrounded by the classical gardens give the structure of the Suzhou museum a distinct touch. Spread over 19000 square metres of area, it is broadly divided into Entrance, Great hall and museum garden area. There are more than 15000 exhibits distributed within 32 exhibition halls. A visit to this enormous museum is must for exploring the history of Suzhou and proves as a real treat to history, art and archaeology enthusiasts.
Suzhou Museum Information
- Audio guide: CNY 30 for English, Japanese and French and CNY 20 for Chinese and Cantonese.
- Free video shows- The Collections, The Prince Zhong’s Mansion of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, The Story of I.M.Pei and the New Museum, Roaming around the Museum.
Suzhou Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission at 04.00 pm.
- Free video shows timings: 09.15 am - 10.15 am; 11.00 am - 12.00 pm ; 01.15 pm - 02.15 pm ; 03.15 pm - 04.15 pm.
How To reach Suzhou Museum by Public Transport
- Tourist Line 2, bus no 5, 50, 55, 112, 178, 202, 262, 309, 518, 529, 811 or 923.
Restaurants Near Suzhou Museum
- Seven cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Suzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Suzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Suzhou Museum
95% of people who visit Suzhou include Suzhou Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.49% of people start their Suzhou Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Suzhou Museum
60.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Suzhou Museum
Suzhou Museum Sightseeing Tours
Suzhou Museum Culture & Theme Based Tours
Suzhou Museum Aerial Tours
Suzhou Museum Map
Suzhou Museum Trips
Suzhou Museum, Suzhou Reviews
+IM Pei design, impressive architecture! Unique design where combine Chinese culture and modern architect. Natural lighting and comfortable design. +good quality products inside the museum +there is a coffee shop inside selling quality coffee -may not have a guide for non Chinese reader, may want to borrow a recorder for introduction -many tourists, I will suggest to go during weekday....
Very impressive architecture , it’s very modern and still maintains the traditional Suzhou style garden atmosphere .
Beautiful museum with great things to look up close.
Very good place to visit. No need to buy a ticket, it's free, and providing electronic-guider-device in a very cheap price( Ask the front service bar in the main hall for more information).
The architecture is amazing, and as one would expect as it is designed by Suzhou native and the same architect of the Louvre pyramids and Bank of China building in Hong Kong. Been here twice in two years, doesn't seem like the exhibits change too much. But entrance is free (some times long lines) so 5 stars!
All QuestionsSuzhou museum
- Peterson Temple COGIC
- Presentation Of Ny
- Friends Of Pasos Museum And Center For Peace Build
- Nyc Transit
- Katz Z Rabbi
- Brooklyn Borough President
- Abundant Life Christian Center
- Stone Avenue Library
- Missionary Servants Of The Most Blessed Trinity
- Bhc Highway
- Congregation Aim Habanim
- St Teresa Of Avila RC Church
- Yetev Lev Dsatmar
- Projectile Arts
- Weichbrod Morris