Suzhou Museum, SuzhouCurrently Open
- Address: 204 Dongbei Street, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 512-67575666
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Performance, Family And Kids, Exhibition
About Suzhou Museum, Suzhou
Originally a site of the Mansion of Prince Zong, this museum was founded in 1960 and is dedicated to porcelains, relics of the revolution, most notably celadon, handicraft works, calligraphies and paintings of Ming and Qing Dynasties which define the history, art and culture of Suzhou and Yangtze delta.
Exhibition halls surrounded by the classical gardens give the structure of the Suzhou museum a distinct touch. Spread over 19000 square metres of area, it is broadly divided into Entrance, Great hall and museum garden area. There are more than 15000 exhibits distributed within 32 exhibition halls. A visit to this enormous museum is must for exploring the history of Suzhou and proves as a real treat to history, art and archaeology enthusiasts.
Suzhou Museum Information
- Audio guide: CNY 30 for English, Japanese and French and CNY 20 for Chinese and Cantonese.
- Free video shows- The Collections, The Prince Zhong’s Mansion of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, The Story of I.M.Pei and the New Museum, Roaming around the Museum.
Suzhou Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission at 04.00 pm.
- Free video shows timings: 09.15 am - 10.15 am; 11.00 am - 12.00 pm ; 01.15 pm - 02.15 pm ; 03.15 pm - 04.15 pm.
How To reach Suzhou Museum by Public Transport
- Tourist Line 2, bus no 5, 50, 55, 112, 178, 202, 262, 309, 518, 529, 811 or 923.
Restaurants Near Suzhou Museum
- Seven cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Suzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Suzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Suzhou Museum, Suzhou Reviews
Very good place to visit. No need to buy a ticket, it's free, and providing electronic-guider-device in a very cheap price( Ask the front service bar in the main hall for more information).
The architecture is amazing, and as one would expect as it is designed by Suzhou native and the same architect of the Louvre pyramids and Bank of China building in Hong Kong. Been here twice in two years, doesn't seem like the exhibits change too much. But entrance is free (some times long lines) so 5 stars!
Went here many times, always building to see, but even the satffs never change
I consider Suzhou Museum one of the most beautiful museums I have seen. It is a master piece created by the master architect I.M. Pei. It is designed in total harmony with the very sensitive surroundings (UNESCO world heritage The Humble Administrator's Garden) and the old town. The museum in itself is among the best in China with beautiful artefacts and changing exhibitions from all over the world.
Best museum in Suzhou, beautiful architecture and great collection.