Originally a site of the Mansion of Prince Zong, this museum was founded in 1960 and is dedicated to porcelains, relics of the revolution, most notably celadon, handicraft works, calligraphies and paintings of Ming and Qing Dynasties which define the history, art and culture of Suzhou and Yangtze delta.
Exhibition halls surrounded by the classical gardens give the structure of the Suzhou museum a distinct touch. Spread over 19000 square metres of area, it is broadly divided into Entrance, Great hall and museum garden area. There are more than 15000 exhibits distributed within 32 exhibition halls. A visit to this enormous museum is must for exploring the history of Suzhou and proves as a real treat to history, art and archaeology enthusiasts.
Suzhou Museum Travel Tips
- Audio guide: CNY 30 for English, Japanese and French and CNY 20 for Chinese and Cantonese.
- Free video shows- The Collections, The Prince Zhong’s Mansion of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, The Story of I.M.Pei and the New Museum, Roaming around the Museum.
Suzhou Museum Hours
- Last admission at 04.00 pm.
- Free video shows timings: 09.15 am - 10.15 am; 11.00 am - 12.00 pm ; 01.15 pm - 02.15 pm ; 03.15 pm - 04.15 pm.
How to Reach Suzhou Museum
- Tourist Line 2, bus no 5, 50, 55, 112, 178, 202, 262, 309, 518, 529, 811 or 923.
- Seven cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Suzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Suzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.11% of people who visit Suzhou include Suzhou Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
88.89% of people start their Suzhou Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Suzhou Museum
86.87% of people prefer walking in order to reach Suzhou Museum