Popularly known as the Harbour city, Sydney is considered to be the most dazzling city in Oceania. The Sydney Harbour Bridge & Sydney Opera house is amongst the well known Sydney destinations that certainly don't need an introduction. Truly, there is a lot to see and do here. Plan a beautiful journey using Sydney trip planner whenther are going alone, or with your family.
Situated at the meeting place of sea and land, Sydney is also a surfer’s paradise. One of the best views of this city can be captured while you are sailing on its glittering harbour. Its from there that the city seems simply magical: the white sails of the Sydney Opera House gleaming in the sunshine, the splendid arch of the Harbour Bridge and ofcourse its beach life, one that has stolen the hearts of many. Behind all its modernity and development its hard to imagine that this gorgeous ensemble would have been once a brutal convict colony. In 1788, it was at Sydney Cove where Captain Arthur Phillip, commander of the First Fleet, established the first British colony in Australia.
As for its history, you can easily find the voices of history here in the narrow cobbled laneways and historic buildings of The Rocks, at the city's excellent museums, and the rock paintings of the Gadigal aboriginal people who once thrived on this land.
The city is also host of the huge and vibrant parades such as colourful Gay and Lesbian (LGBTQI) Pride, Mardi Gras Parade, which is actually a two week long festival of events taking place annually towards the end of February and going on till the beginning of March. Weather it is "The Rocks", the Harbour or the centre city, there are so many things to do in Sydney that you will always have something to look forward to. Active, lively and vibrant this city is safe to add to just about any travel bucket list. Each one of you should visit Sydney at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Sydney.
Essential travel information and Sydney tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Australian Eastern Time Zone: UTC+10:00
- Currency: AUD(Australian Dollar)
- Electricity: Mains voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz. Travellers from most nations in Asia, Africa and Europe should have appliances that work on the same mains voltage as Australia - therefore you will not need a voltage converter.
- Internet: A decent, reliable and fast broadband connection is accessible through the CBD of Sydney. You will easily find wi-fi connection in all the hotels here.
- Language: The predominant language spoken in Sydney is English.
- Emergency numbers: 000 is the primary emergency number in Australia. Otherwise, the city is one of the safest to roam around in the world.
- Tipping: One does not need to tip in Australia under any circumstances.
- Don't take your sunnies off. Ever. Especially on public transport. Yes – even underground.
- Sydney is about as open and relaxed as anywhere else in the world and social etiquette amounts to general manners. There are a wide variety of races, religions, cultures and sexual preferences prevalent in the city and no one should feel uncomfortable, with locals being particularly friendly and laid back.
- Casual dress is fine for most occasions unless visiting a five-star eatery or trendy bar, which often have a dress code.
Sydney Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Sydney. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Sydney trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Sydney
Small-Group Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney with Wildlife Park
11 Hrs664 Reviews
The Ultimate Sydney Attractions Pass
90 Days429 Reviews
Sydney Opera House Official Guided Walking Tour
1 Hr1758 Reviews
Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney Including Scenic World
10 Hrs869 Reviews
Experience Skyfeast at Sydney Tower
1 Hr 30 Mins158 Reviews