Art Gallery Of New South WalesCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1 Art Gallery Rd, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-292251731
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Art Gallery Of New South Wales - Review
The Art Gallery of Sydney has a huge collection of artistry and its variations from across the country and also across continents. It is situated in The Domain, and features Asian and European Art and exhibitions in addition to Australian collection of Australian art. There are also sections on contemporary art and photography.
The 19th century featured many additions of European Art such as the Chaucer at the Court of King Edward III, created by Madox Brown. Besides bringing in various works of Australian artistry, The Gallery also houses an exceptional number of English artistry created during the Victorian era, namely Sir Edward John Poynter and Lord Frederic Leighton. The artwork of Dutch, Italy and France of since the 16th century, which were created by Domencico Beccafumi, Peter Paul Ribens, etc. are also included and maintained in the Gallery. Among Australian Art, the works of John Glover, John Russell, E. Phillips Fox, Rupert Bunny and Roland Wakelin are greatly featured.
All in all, this place is perfect if you want the total art experience and want to be educated about every aspect of art.
Art Gallery Of New South Wales Information
- Entry is free but some special exhibitions might require an admission free. Prices of these are updated frequently on the website.
Art Gallery Of New South Wales Opening and Closing Hours
- Wednesdays: 10am-10pm
- Gallery Shop: 10am- 4:45pm
How To reach Art Gallery Of New South Wales by Public Transport
- Bus- Bus 441 drops you off right outside the museum.
- Train- Trains St James Station/ Martin Place station are a short walk away.
- Sightseeing Buses- Stop #12
Restaurants Near Art Gallery Of New South Wales
- The Restaurant
- Art Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Art Gallery Of New South Wales
29.24% of people who visit Sydney include Art Gallery Of New South Wales in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.66% of people start their Art Gallery Of New South Wales visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Art Gallery Of New South Wales
72.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Art Gallery Of New South Wales
Art Gallery Of New South Wales Map
Art Gallery Of New South Wales Trips
Art Gallery Of New South Wales, Sydney Reviews
I adore this place. Fantastic collection of art from all over the world and across time. Brilliant exhibitions, talks and tours. Many free tours daily with guides who are knowledgeable, articulate and clearly love the gallery as much as I do. I used to avoid tours but these are entirely splendid. I've take some tours multiple times and always learn something new. If you like at, go see it. If you're not much interested, take a free tour - I've met people who've never been to a gallery before and after the guided talk, can't wait to come back.
Didn't pay to see any of the special exhibitions so just walked around the free stuff, which was interesting. A great range of works across different mediums from different time periods. I really enjoyed the sculptures as well. Some of the modern/abstract art was a bit out there but there was so much to see. Be aware that you must check backpacks in at the cloak storage though. Some staff were a bit rude too. Worth a look though.
Great experience. Parking costs $8.70/hr on the street which is outrageous in my humble opinion. We went on a Sunday and decided to park in the domain car park. $12 all day and a very short walk to the gallery. Entry to the gallery is free and you an get up close to some of Australia's most iconic paintings. Gallery staff might consider being a bit nicer to children who get too close to paintings. Reducing them to fearful tears was too much. Not a good start to their life as art appreciators.
Nice place with friendly staff. Entry is free (unless there's a special exhibition). Exhibitions are always intriguing and feature diverse artworks of all sorts. Would highly recommend for anyone with a good eye for art, as well as those interest in cultural beauty. I wouldn't bring children as they won't understand the artworks (some feature slight nudity).
I really enjoyed this gallery. Large sections of it are free for the public, you will have to pay to see special exhibits, however. There is a cafe inside, and it is all very access friendly. There are even large print booklets in every exhibit, just in case you can't read the small print on the little plaques. There are many levels, and sometimes they have events. Some of the events can be a bit out there, but it's always interesting.
All QuestionsArt gallery of new south wales
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal