Barrenjoey LighthouseCurrently Open
- Address: Palm Beach NSW 2108, Australia, Sydney
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-294729300
- Ticket Price: 12 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids
Sydney is replete with natural walks that allow you get in touch with Australian dramatic landscape. While you are in Sydney and desire for an outdoor activity, trek to Barrenjoey Lighthouse that is located at Sydney’s most northern point. Positioned 91m above sea level, the lighthouse can be reached by a couple of walks. Take the picturesque 1km walking track to the top, which offers outstanding views along the track. This lighthouse is named after the customs officers who built the track around 1850 to monitor any smugglers bringing contraband into Broken Bay which now offers a steeper and shorter trek to the lighthouse.
Built in 1881 from sandstone quarried on site, the lighthouse, its oil room and keepers’ cottages have been kept unpainted in the original stone finish. A perfect way to spend your beautiful afternoon in Sydney!
Barrenjoey Lighthouse Travel Tips
- Bring your camera or your binoculars if you’re whale watching. Or you may simply want to capture the panoramic views of Broken Bay, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and the Central Coast.
- Access to the lighthouse is by tour only, there is no vehicle access.
- There are no toilets or drinking water available at Barrenjoey lighthouse. The nearest available public toilets are at Governor Phillip Park.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barrenjoey Lighthouse
- Park entry fees apply.
- Half-hour guided tours of the lighthouse are conducted every Sunday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, except in extreme weather conditions. Adults $5 per person; Child $2 per person.
How to Reach Barrenjoey Lighthouse
- Hire a taxi from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.41% of people who visit Sydney include Barrenjoey Lighthouse in their plan
41.67% of people start their Barrenjoey Lighthouse visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Barrenjoey Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barrenjoey Lighthouse