Blue MountainsCurrently Open
- Address: New South Wales, Australia, Sydney
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Mountain, View Point, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Cable Car, Nature
Blue Mountains - Review
While you are in Sydney, make a day trip to the Blue Mountains, which are a prime geographical feature of the Sydney Basin are a very popular spot for international tourism. Apart from the magnificence of the Mountains, the limestone Caves of Jenolan, and the pass of the Giant Stairway through the Jamison Valley are fascinating sights as well.
Another exceptional aspect the Blue Mountains tourism is the world’s steepest of railroads in Katoomba, commonly known as the Katoomba Scenic Railway. The rail track also passes through numerous cliffs of sandstone as well as a long and extremely steep rock tunnel.There is also the Scenic Cableway which is also famed for being the steepest running cable car facility in the world.
You can also check out the Zig Zag Steam Railway of Lithgow, Coach Way for Blue Mountains travel, as well as the hiking of Glenbrook upon Lennox Bridge and the Explorers Tree in Katoomba. The most adventurous things to do in Sydney are at the Blue Mountains as it is also a favourite spot for Rock Climbing and Mountain Biking, as well as extensive Canyoning and abseiling.
You may also be interested in Australia in 2 weeks Itinerary
Blue Mountains Information
- The Blue Mountains also house numerous visiting destinations, such as the Toy & Railway Museum located in Leura, the large Norman Lindsay Gallery & Museum established in Faulconbridge, and the vibrant Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum in Valley Heights.
Blue Mountains Opening and Closing Hours
- Always Open
How To reach Blue Mountains by Public Transport
- The best way to travel is by railway.
- Many Shuttle buses are also available to and from the Blue Mountains.
Restaurants Near Blue Mountains
- Common Ground Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Blue Mountains
73.23% of people who visit Sydney include Blue Mountains in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.07% of people start their Blue Mountains visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Blue Mountains
91.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains Sightseeing Tours
Blue Mountains Aerial Tours
Blue Mountains Tickets & Passes
Blue Mountains Map
Blue Mountains Trips
Blue Mountains, Sydney Reviews
All QuestionsBlue mountains
- Hillcrest Baptist Church
- Mad River Knife & Supply
- Christ Church
- Camp Cotubic
- Bellefontaine, City Building
- Hopewell United Methodist Church
- Blue Cat
- Briarwood Sporting Club
- Logan County Historical Society
- Obrien Sue A
- Christ Temple Church
- Brown Park
- Episcopal Holy Trinity Church
- Bellefontaine Municipal Airport
- Bellefontaine Church Of Christ