Discovery MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 2-8 Kendall Ln, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-292408552
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Discovery Museum - Review
The Discovery Museum, better known as the Rocks Discovery Museum of Sydney, is situated in The Rocks, Sydney, and features the history and development of the Rocks of Sydney since centuries. The Museum houses the several artefacts, facades and objects of historical importance regarding the culture and community habitat around the region of the Rocks.
The main sections of the Rocks, which the Museum mainly highlights, are the lives and lifestyles as well as the contributions of numerous fishermen, whalers, sailors, and traders of the Rocks. The landlords or owners of the areas of the Rocks maintain detailed and updated information about their trades and belongings in the Rocks. Historical events which had taken place in the Rocks are among the things you can get to know more about. And the permit of interior photography has made The Rocks a chosen tourist destination.
Discovery Museum Information
- The Museum has the extensive features of modern visuals and audio to help the tourists understand the various history and articles being exhibited.
- The guides are very helpful and there are also some informative as well as fun activities for children.
Discovery Museum Ticket Prices
There is no entry fees for this museum
Discovery Museum Opening and Closing Hours
The museum remains closed on Christmas and Good Friday.
How To reach Discovery Museum by Public Transport
- The Rocks is just a short stroll from the city's two most recognisable landmarks, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House. It is also just around the corner from the Circular Quay transportation hub and a short walk from Wynyard railway station.
Restaurants Near Discovery Museum
- Altitude Restaurant
- Ananas Bar & Brasserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Discovery Museum
55.23% of people who visit Sydney include Discovery Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.9% of people start their Discovery Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Discovery Museum
78.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Discovery Museum
Discovery Museum Map
Discovery Museum Trips
Discovery Museum, Sydney Reviews
Small museum but it makes the best of it. If you're in the rocks definitely stop for a visit.
Good small museum jam packed with local history. Doesn't take long to visit (15 to 20 minutes), but a good stop not far from Sydney's big attractions. Neat to see the indigeonous history of the area and the history of the first convict settlers. There is a small modern art exhibit in the attic. And it's all free!
Small museum but free. Lots of interesting stuff about the history of Sydney
A small museum that has comprehensive history of early Australians. Most informative. It is free for visitors. A must visit place, that takes half an hour.
I will return to this gem. Never made it up to the 3rd floor. This museum looks small but it is packed full of fascinating displays and explains huge amounts of history.
All QuestionsDiscovery museum
- Grace Community Evangelical Free Church
- King's Fire Church
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
- Grace Church MOPS
- Vineyard Church
- St Catherine Laboure R C Church
- James Derek
- Bible Baptist Church
- Barry DeBaun Art Gallery
- Fountain Of Life Christian Church
- Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue
- Ulster Tax Collector
- Shabbat Chaim Messianc Jewish Congregation
- Loma Stadium Cinema
- Veranito Wilderness Study Area