Elizabeth Farm37 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 70 Alice St, Rosehill NSW 2142, Australia, Sydney Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-296359488
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Elizabeth Farm is considered to be Australia's oldest European building. Inside this historical structure, you shall come across deep shady verandahs that became the prototype for the Australian homestead. Built in 1793, this house was meant as the home of John and Elizabeth Macarthur and was the birthplace of the Australian wool industry.
As you enter inside it, you shall see the reproductions of furnishings and objects belonging to the Macarthurs that offer an authentic glimpse of early 19th century life. Elizabeth Farm is situated in a gloriously recreated 1830s garden. There is a tearoom that serves Devonshire teas and lunch. The house comprises two parts; the servants quarters of eight rooms and the main house of around 15 rooms.
As you finish your visit inside this house, don’t forget to spend some time at its garden that reflects over 200 years of European tradition and includes some of the oldest exotic plants in Australia.
Entrance Ticket Details For Elizabeth Farm
- Child (under 15) / Concession : $4
- Family (two adults + two children) : $17
- Members : Free
Elizabeth Farm Hours
- Open daily during NSW public school holidays.
How to Reach Elizabeth Farm
- Nearest Bus station: Alfred St Near Alice St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Elizabeth Farm Address: 70 Alice St, Rosehill NSW 2142, Australia, Sydney
- Elizabeth Farm Contact Number: +61-296359488
- Elizabeth Farm Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Elizabeth Farm Price: 8 USD
- Best time to visit Elizabeth Farm(preferred time): 11:30 am - 01:30 pm
- Time required to visit Elizabeth Farm: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.3% of people who visit Sydney include Elizabeth Farm in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
66.67% of people start their Elizabeth Farm visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Elizabeth Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Elizabeth Farm
People normally club together Rouse Hill House and Sze Yup Temple while planning their visit to Elizabeth Farm.