Government HouseCurrently Open
- Address: Government House Sydney Macquarie Street Sydney Nsw 2000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-292284111
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Heritage Building
There are many buildings in Sydney that hold testimony to the city’s political history. One such building is the Government House, located in the Domain. This house overlooks the Royal Botanic Gardens and Sydney Opera House, and serves as an example of a Gothic Revival building in New South Wales. Inside the Government House, you will get to see an outstanding collection of 19th and 20th century furnishings and decoration housed on the ground floor.
As you visit the upstairs rooms, the guided tours will tell you that they have been once used as the private quarters for the Governor, Queen Elizabeth and other members of the Royal family and visiting heads of State.
Government House Travel Tips
- Admission to Government House Sydney is free however, for security reasons all visitors are required to present valid identification when registering for a tour at the Gatehouse.
- Guided tours of Government House Sydney are conducted most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and on all public holidays (except Good Friday and Christmas Day).
- Tours run every 30 minutes from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. The tour takes 45 minutes.
How to Reach Government House
- Nearest Train Station: Circular Quay
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.36% of people who visit Sydney include Government House in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
75% of people start their Government House visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Government House
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Government House