How to Reach Sydney
How to reach Sydney
HOW TO GET TO SYDNEY
- By Air: The Kingsford smith international Airport located 10km from the city is very well connected with all the major cities of Australia and other countries as well. All major airlines fly to and from Sydney. So which ever part of the world you are in you can easily board a flight to reach Sydney.
- By Road: Buses are economical way to travel within Australia. All major cities of Australia are connected with Sydney via highway. There are many car rental companies to offer services. It takes 9 hours to reach Sydney from Melbourne & 11 hours from Brisbanenonstop in car. You can also take halts to view the urban side while on the highway.
- By Train: Rail is the most preferred and popular medium of reaching to Sydney from other cities of Australia. Central Station is the primary railway station of Sydney. Country link is the train service which runs daily trains to long distance Australian cities such as Brisbane, Melbourne & Canberra. For someone who wants to experience the interiors of Australia you can avail Indian Pacific rail service from Sydney.
HOW TO GET AROUND SYDNEY
- By Train: Trains connect the suburbs of Sydney to the main city area.
- By NSW Trainlink: This vast metropolitan train network not only connects major localities of Sydney, but also connect nearby cities like Newcastle and Hunter Valley.
- By Bus: Sydney buses travel throughout the city and suburbs 24 hours a day.
- By Light rail: Transdev operates the light rail network connecting the various zones of the city.
Other modes of transport within the city are Hop On Hop Off buses, Harbour City Ferries, Taxis and bicycles.
Modes of Transportation in Sydney
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sydney. The most preferred mode of transport in Sydney is Car.
Average distance: 18.05 km Average time: 42.8 min
Car 42.55%Driving 42.68 min Walking 0.88 min Overall average time for 21.06 kms 43.55 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.83%Bus 33.92 min Walking 9 min Waiting 6.38 min Train 1.15 min Overall average time for 17.22 kms 50.46 min
Motorbike 5.32%Motorbike 27.4 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 17.58 kms 29.4 min
Train/Metro 17.02%Train 30.44 min Walking 7.94 min Waiting 6.13 min Bus 4.88 min Other 0.94 min Overall average time for 24.38 kms 50.31 min
Walking 11.7%Walking 25.64 min Waiting 3.18 min Train 2.36 min Bus 1.82 min Bike 1.82 min Driving 0.91 min Overall average time for 4.47 kms 35.73 min
Bike 5.32%Bike 21.8 min Overall average time for 6.26 kms 21.8 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Denmark
- How To Reach Coolangatta
- How To Reach Fremantle
- How To Reach Kingscote
- How To Reach Canberra
- How To Reach Kangaroo Island
- How To Reach Bunbury
- How To Reach Rottnest Island
- How To Reach Wollongong
- How To Reach Coombabah
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Melbourne
- How To Reach Adelaide
- How To Reach Geelong
- How To Reach Perth
- How To Reach Surfers Paradise
- How To Reach Gold Coast
- How To Reach Byron Bay
- How To Reach Exmouth
- How To Reach Hervey Bay
- How To Reach Launceston