Paddington Reservoir Gardens180 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 251-255 Oxford Street, Paddington NSW 2021, Sydney, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-292467708
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Also known as Walter Read Reserve, the Paddington Reservoir gardens beautify the otherwise busy Oxford Street in Sydney. It is an award winning garden designed by heritage architect and landscape architect, Tonkin Zulaikha Greer and James Mather Delaney. Incorporating modern design into this historical site which was formerly a water reservoir from 1866 to 1899, this is an amazing architectural piece of work.
The water chambers were built below street level with a grassed park above, opened to the public in the 1930s. Today this place serves as a garden where you can stroll around and wonder at the historical architecture.
How to Reach Paddington Reservoir Gardens
- Nearest Bus station: Oxford St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Paddington Reservoir Gardens Address: 251-255 Oxford Street, Paddington NSW 2021, Sydney, Australia
- Paddington Reservoir Gardens Contact Number: +61-292467708
- Paddington Reservoir Gardens Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Paddington Reservoir Gardens: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.45% of people who visit Sydney include Paddington Reservoir Gardens in their plan
50% of people start their Paddington Reservoir Gardens visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Paddington Reservoir Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Paddington Reservoir Gardens
People normally club together Central Business District and Woolloomooloo Wharf while planning their visit to Paddington Reservoir Gardens.