State Theater1299 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 49 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-293736655
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
This is a heritage listed theatre in Sydney that has hosted film screenings, live theatre and musical performances ever since 1927 and from 1974 it has been home to the annual Sydney Film Festival. Apart from offering an outstanding performance watching experience, the interiors of this theatre are something to look forward to. Lavishly designed by Sydney architect Henry Eli White who based his work on that of American architect John Eberson in the United States, this theatre incorporates eclectic elements of architecture such as Gothic, Italian and Art deco design. Watching a performance here should definitely be a part of your Sydney itinerary.
Entrance Ticket Details For State Theater
- Check the website for online tickets.
- Your recommended time to visit will depend upon your timings of the show.
- The timings of the shows will differ from the ones mentioned in the opening and closing hours.
How to Reach State Theater
- Nearest Bus station: QVB, Market St, Stand F
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
- State Theater Address: 49 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- State Theater Contact Number: +61-293736655
- State Theater Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit State Theater(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit State Theater: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
10.2% of people who visit Sydney include State Theater in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
82.27% of people start their State Theater visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see State Theater
90.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting State Theater
People normally club together Art Gallery Of New South Wales and Sydney Harbour Bridge while planning their visit to State Theater.