Sydney Royal Botanic GardensCurrently Open
- Address: Mrs Macquaries Rd, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-292318111
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
The Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens is one of the most famous botanical gardens in the world. Nationally, it is the most visited centralized botanical gardens of Sydney. The botanical gardens have been engaged in the scientific study of plants from all over the world focussing on the research upon the variations and diversities exhibited by them. The chief characteristic of the Sydney Botanical Gardens lies in its continual contribution to the acclimatizing of plants internationally.
Among the featured plants of the garden, the fig trees of the Moreton Bay region are found in abundance in the gardens. It also includes a large exhibition ground now modernized as the Garden Exhibition Palace Among the wildlife it features, the Grey-headed Flying Foxes or Bats are numerous. Give at least 2 hours time to visit this place. It is just a short walk away from the Sydney Opera House so it surely should go into your Sydney itinerary. Visit 2 Weeks in Australia Itinerary for an unforgettable Australia travel experience.
Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens Travel Tips
- The garden includes a large and extremely well maintained pond to add to the scenic beauty.
Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens Hours
- October: 7 am-7.30 pm
- November-February: 7 am-8 pm
- March: 7 am-6.30 pm
- April & September: 7 am-6 pm
- May & August: 7 am-5.30 pm
- June & July: 7 am-5 pm
How to Reach Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens
- By Train: the nearest station is Martin Place. Other stations close to the Royal Botanic Gardens are St James and Circular Quay.
- By Bus: the 441 (Balmain via QVB Building) leaves York Street, Town Hall on weekdays, 10 am to 5 pm, stopping outside the Art Gallery of NSW. The Sydney Explorer Bus also includes the Royal Botanic Gardens on its route and the 200 (Chatswood to Bondi) stops in Macquarie Street.
- Eastbank Cafe Bar Pizzeria
- Quadrant Restaurant
- ECQ Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.01% of people who visit Sydney include Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
25.35% of people start their Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens
62.54% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens