The RocksCurrently Open
- Address: New South Wales, Australia, Sydney
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Bridge, Walking Area, Historical Site, Cafe, Pubs, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
The Rocks - Review
A key international tourist location of Sydney is “The Rocks”, situated along the shore of southern Sydney. The Bradfield Highway of Sydney is lined and bordered by the Rocks, and it extends up to the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Being a zone composed of marine stones and sandstone, the Rocks has been a famous visiting location for tourists as well as geologists. Add it to the Sydney trip planner to plan your visit beforehand.
The popularity and fame of “the Rocks” is also due to its proximity to the vibrant Circular Quay and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This area houses numerous stores of artistry and craftwork, as well as several shops featuring heritage articles. The Rocks has a network of streets bearing important landmarks from Australian history.
Moreover, the area is also a popular zone used for hosting exhibitions and galleries which feature dresses and the cultural articles of Australia. Another aspect of the Rocks is the presence of the historical pubs like the Fortune of War and the Lord Nelson. Besides there are also diners that have been built during recent times, for example, Orient, the Palisade, and the Observer. There is also a small well organized dock in the Rocks for passenger and ferry service.
Can you ignore The Rocks if you have just one day in Sydney? There are so many things to do here you are sure to be spoilt for choice.Also Visit Australia itinerary 2 weeks for an unforgettable Australia travel experience
Being the most popular fun place in Sydney, The Rock welcomes people with lot of enthusiasm and zest. You don’t have to Buy Tickets for The Rock as the place is free and open for visitors. While the entrance to the place is free for everybody, the tours available there may cost some charge. Contact the authorities to know about the other Rock Ticket Prices. All these tours are not only fun but exciting too. Don’t hesitate to spend some bucks on The Rock Tours Ticket Price and indulge in its happening vibe.
The Rocks Information
- The Rocks also house the heritage buildings of Cadmans Cottage, the Dawes Point Battery, and the Sydney Observatory.
- There are many activities like painting and what not that take place in this area. It’s a good idea to find out and participate.
- They also have fun tours like “ghost tour”, “new year’s eve tour”, Romeo and Juliet tour etc. down the rocks that are sure to make your experience much more exciting.
- The Rocks Markets can be visited from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Rocks Foodies Market can be visited from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday.
The Rocks Hours
- Always Open.
How To reach The Rocks by Public Transport
- Nearest stations: Cumberland St Near Argyle St(Bus Station)
- George St Near Hickson Rd(Bus Station)
Restaurants Near The Rocks
- Sake Restaurant & Bar
- Lowenbrau Keller
- The Rocks Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Rocks
95% of people who visit Sydney include The Rocks in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.77% of people start their The Rocks visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The Rocks
56.14% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Rocks