Vaucluse House6035 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Wentworth Rd Vaucluse NSW 2030, Australia, Sydney
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-293887922
- Ticket Price: 8 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids
Among the places of heritage and great historical significance in Australia, the Vaucluse House is a very important estate in Sydney which has gradually become a large visiting destination for tourists. It bears the design prevalent during the Gothic Revival era and comprises of large rooms, kitchen wing section, stable sheds and housing wings. As the detailed features of the interior, the kitchen wing section is adjoined and accessorized with a scullery, a dairy and larder, numerous cellars, a pantry room, the housekeeper’s room, the family history room, and a large drawing room. The rooms for having meals in are the breakfast room, the dining room, and the tea room. The first floor is comprised of the bedrooms for the Wentworths, and the second floor consists of the children’s bedrooms. Make Sure to visit the tearooms as they are a nice way to travel back in time.
Vaucluse House Travel Tips
- Access for wheelchair is through the Olola avenue gate.
- The Vaucluse House has been briefly renovated into a museum to be made open for the visitors.
Entrance Ticket Details For Vaucluse House
- Child (under 15) / Concession $4
- Family (two adults + two children) $17
- Members free
- Admission to gardens is free
Vaucluse House Hours
- HOUSE: Open only from Friday to Sunday 11AM - 4PM
- Closed Good Friday & Christmas Day
- GARDENS: Open daily, 24 hours
- TEAROOMS: Open Wednesday to Friday
- 10am to 4.30pm
- NB During NSW school holidays, Tearooms are open every day.Open Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 4.30pm
How to Reach Vaucluse House
- Nearest Bus Station: Wentworth Rd Opp Coolong Rd
- Nielsen Park Cafe
- Dunbar House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sydney before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sydney and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.08% of people who visit Sydney include Vaucluse House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.36% of people start their Vaucluse House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vaucluse House
94.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vaucluse House