Castello EurialoCurrently Open
- Address: Viale Siracusa, 2 - Fraction Belvedere, 96100 Syracuse, Italy, 96100 Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 01:45 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0931711773
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
The Euryalus castle dates back to 400 BC and was built during the Greek rule to provide a defensive fortification for Syracuse. The castle has made its way to many travel journals in the 18th century- detailing on the gorgeous panoramic view that has now been altered. However, today, the castle is a common hiking place where you can come for a stroll to escape the city lights and admire the outskirts.
Throughout its history, many reconstructions of the castle have taken place. The first alteration was done during the Roman rule and later by the Byzantines that used the place to protect their armies from the Arab rulers. Yet today, the only major structures that stand tall are the remnants of 5 tall towers that once accommodated huge catapults. Pay a closer look and you can see the ditches around the fortress that were dug out as a defence mechanism, the supports that would once pull the drawbridge and tunnels that would be used to escape. Today, the place gives a rare peak into the strategies adopted by the Greek kingdom.
When here, take a walk around as you capture the views all around in your camera.
Castello Eurialo Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castello Eurialo
- Full: € 4.00
- Reduced: € 2.00
- Residents: € 1.00
How to Reach Castello Eurialo
- By Bus: at Interbus Spa (8.1 kilometers away)
- By Train: Targia (9 kilometers away)
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Castello Eurialo Address: Viale Siracusa, 2 - Fraction Belvedere, 96100 Syracuse, Italy, 96100
- Castello Eurialo Contact Number: +39-0931711773
- Castello Eurialo Timing: 09:00 am - 01:45 pm
- Castello Eurialo Price: 4 EUR
- Best time to visit Castello Eurialo(preferred time): 09:30 am - 11:45 am
- Time required to visit Castello Eurialo: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.21% of people who visit Syracuse include Castello Eurialo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
64.1% of people start their Castello Eurialo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castello Eurialo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castello Eurialo
People normally club together Necropoli Di Pantalica and Greek Theatre while planning their visit to Castello Eurialo.