La Piazza DuomoCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza Duomo, 96100, Syracuse, Sicily, Italy Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids
The Piazza Duomo was built on the former ancient Greek grounds and the whole square still maintains its Greek history masked into its structures that was established here in the Byzantine era. Some of the most famous tourist attractions of Oritigia are located around the Piazza- the Duomo di Siracusa, the Chiesa di Santa Lucia alla Badia (popular for holding the painting called “Il seppellimento di Santa Lucia”-the burial of St. Lucy that dates back to the 17th century) and the Palazzo Municipale that was built in 1629 by the famous Spanish architect Juan Vermexio and was found to have remains of an Ionic temple underneath its current structure.
Other highlights include:
- The Palazzo Beneventano del Bosco (popular for its 18th century façade)
- Palazzo Arcivescovile that dates back to the 17th century and houses the Biblioteca Alagoniana. You can find rare manuscripts here that date back to the 13th century.
If history is what you love and architecture is your weak point, a walk here is like a time machine tour that warps around the Byzantine, Medieval and Hellenic era. A quiet stroll around the Piazza in the evenings steals the heart of every romantic and is a must in itself.
La Piazza Duomo Hours
- Timings of individual attractions around the Piazza vary.
How to Reach La Piazza Duomo
- By Bus: Interbus Spa (3.2 kilometers away)
- By Train: Siracusa Train station (3.2 kilometers away)
- On Foot
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Piazza Duomo Address: Piazza Duomo, 96100, Syracuse, Sicily, Italy
- La Piazza Duomo Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit La Piazza Duomo(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit La Piazza Duomo: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.66% of people who visit Syracuse include La Piazza Duomo in their plan
40% of people start their La Piazza Duomo visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see La Piazza Duomo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Piazza Duomo
People normally club together Duomo Di Siracusa and Museo Archeologico Regionale P. Orsi while planning their visit to La Piazza Duomo.