Palazzo BellomoCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Via Capodieci n. 14 -16 – Siracusa, Italy, Syracuse
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-093169511
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids
Syracuse’s fascination with art dominates its history and even today many places preserve the art pieces across centuries. The Museo Nazionale Di Palazzo Bellomo showcases this pulse unlike any place in the city. The museum is housed in two historical buildings- the Palazzo Parisio that dates back to the 13th century and the 14th century Palazzo Bellomo.
The place was inaugurated in 1948 and along with its extensive art collection has 2 sarcophagus of Giovanni Çabastida and Giovanni Cardenas- the Governors of the Regent House.
The ground floor welcomes you to the 13th century with gorgeous Catalan architecture and celebrates the mood of the museum. The courtyard is decorated with the Coat of Arms that dates back to the 18th century.
The collection itself covers the Byzantine period of 6th century, the Arab- Norman period right up to the 18th century.
Highlights of the museum include:
- The painting of “Burial of St. Lucia by Caravaggio” that travels between this gallery and the Church of Saint Lucia.
- Rare silver ornaments, jewellery pieces, ceramics, sculptures, pottery pieces and figurines along with decorative art pieces and stunning paintings.
- “The Annunciation” by Antonello da Messina that was painted in 1471.
- Adult: Euros 8.00
- Reduced: Euros 4.00
- Closure ticket office half an hour before end of visit.
- By Bus: at Interbus Spa (4.8 kilometers away)
- By Train: Siracusa Train station (4.8 kilometers away)
- On Foot
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.28% of people who visit Syracuse include Palazzo Bellomo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.71% of people start their Palazzo Bellomo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palazzo Bellomo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palazzo Bellomo
Lovely gallery. No concession prices for the elderly though. Well worth a visit.
Beautiful building downtown Ortigia - nice courtyards, patios, stairs and halls. Very photogenic and well-maintained. Also a nice cafe. The permanent exhibition shows all religios artefacts from the region - not very interesting for me but definitely a part of the life and a matter of pride for local people.
Lovely small jewel of a place.
Worth a visit
Excellent museum of medieval fine arts and culture. Visitors are allowed to take non commercial photo without flash light.