Palazzo BellomoCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Via Capodieci n. 14 -16 – Siracusa, Italy, Syracuse
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-093169511
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
Palazzo Bellomo - Review
Syracuse’s fascination with art dominates its history and even today many places preserve the art pieces across centuries. The Museo Nazionale Di Palazzo Bellomo showcases this pulse unlike any place in the city. The museum is housed in two historical buildings- the Palazzo Parisio that dates back to the 13th century and the 14th century Palazzo Bellomo.
The place was inaugurated in 1948 and along with its extensive art collection has 2 sarcophagus of Giovanni Çabastida and Giovanni Cardenas- the Governors of the Regent House.
The ground floor welcomes you to the 13th century with gorgeous Catalan architecture and celebrates the mood of the museum. The courtyard is decorated with the Coat of Arms that dates back to the 18th century.
The collection itself covers the Byzantine period of 6th century, the Arab- Norman period right up to the 18th century.
Highlights of the museum include:
- The painting of “Burial of St. Lucia by Caravaggio” that travels between this gallery and the Church of Saint Lucia.
- Rare silver ornaments, jewellery pieces, ceramics, sculptures, pottery pieces and figurines along with decorative art pieces and stunning paintings.
- “The Annunciation” by Antonello da Messina that was painted in 1471.
Palazzo Bellomo Ticket Prices
- Adult: Euros 8.00
- Reduced: Euros 4.00
Palazzo Bellomo Hours
- Closure ticket office half an hour before end of visit.
How To reach Palazzo Bellomo by Public Transport
- By Bus: at Interbus Spa (4.8 kilometers away)
- By Train: Siracusa Train station (4.8 kilometers away)
- On Foot
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Palazzo Bellomo
33.33% of people who visit Syracuse include Palazzo Bellomo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.71% of people start their Palazzo Bellomo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palazzo Bellomo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palazzo Bellomo
Palazzo Bellomo Trips
Palazzo Bellomo, Syracuse Reviews
Beautiful building downtown Ortigia - nice courtyards, patios, stairs and halls. Very photogenic and well-maintained. Also a nice cafe. The permanent exhibition shows all religios artefacts from the region - not very interesting for me but definitely a part of the life and a matter of pride for local people.
Excellent museum of medieval fine arts and culture. Visitors are allowed to take non commercial photo without flash light.
Museum itself is a lovely building with some beautiful artefacts & paintingd. Spoilt by an App that does not work on Android and small sometimes difficult to read description signs, many not with English translation.
Very interesting collection in a beautiful building