Punta CastelluccioCurrently Open
- Address: Siracusa, Via del Faro Massolivieri, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italy, Syracuse
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Light House, View Point, Family And Kids
Standing tall at a height of 49 feet, the Punta Castelluccio lighthouse is an octagonal structure with a light tower that is painted in bright red and a dome that is painted in silver. The lighthouse overlooks the Porto Grande and the gorgeous low-profile beach that embraces the water that crawls inland. The beach is loved for its elliptical shape surrounded by rock formations that cut into the Mediterranean Sea.
The tower is closed for visitors but a walk around is perfect to end the day after a visit to the beach. A picnic at the nearby beach is apt if you are visiting during summer season.
Punta Castelluccio Travel Tips
- Carry your own swimsuit, beach towel, bottled water and snacks.
- The light tower is closed.
How to Reach Punta Castelluccio
- By Bus: at Interbus Spa (2.1 kilometers away)
- By Train: Siracusa Train station (2.2 kilometers away)
- On Foot
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.