Santuario Madonna Delle Lacrime Tours
About Santuario Madonna Delle Lacrime , Syracuse
Designed after the shape of a teardrop, the Santuario Madonna delle Lacrime is home to the miraculous statue of Madonna who wept for 3 days in a small home in Syracuse in 1953. Soon the word spread like fire and many people came to this small home to seek the blessings of the crying Madonna. Sample of the tears were taken and it turned out the composition was an exact match to human tears! Today, along with the legendary story, the place is one of the best places to witness unshakeable belief.
It is said that after the statue stopped crying, many people were cured of their illnesses and even to this day, you can find devotees come here to say a little prayer for their well being. However, what truly is fascinating about the place is the sheer juxtaposition of the old belief mixed with the modern concrete structure that is an architectural marvel in itself. Walk in here to see the stunning interiors and find some quiet time during your walks through Syracuse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Syracuse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Syracuse and book an accommodation of your choice.
Santuario Madonna Delle Lacrime Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum Hours: daily 9.00 am – 7.00 pm.
How To Get To Santuario Madonna Delle Lacrime by Public Transport
- Bus: at Interbus Spa (1.5 kilometers away)
- Train: Siracusa Train station (1.5 kilometers away)
- On Foot
- By renting electrical bicycle/ bike/ scooter/ car
Book Santuario madonna delle lacrime Tickets And Tours
Exclusive excursion to the Wildlife Oasis of Vendicari, a beautiful paradise in the South-East cost of Sicily, led by an expert naturalistic guide. Afterwards, visit the little charmed town of Noto, known for its Baroque faÃ§ades, so typical of the Val di Noto. You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel in Siracusa, or nearby, by private luxury car and English speaking driver.
A tour to discover two wonderful Baroque towns that belong to the 'Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto' Unesco Heritage site. Light lunch based on typical Sicilian food is included. The tour will be operated as a full day tour from Syracuse.
Share your experience - Rate Santuario Madonna Delle Lacrime , Syracuse
7 May 2017 to 14 May 2917 I have seen the light! Now that the outside had been cleaned, this cathedral is quite beautiful. However, go inside on a sunny day and you will see that this is THE most amazing interior of any building you will EVER experience. Light and space and sanctity. You can feel God's presence and the love he/she feels for all of humanity.
Difficult to rate a church. The structure in question is dedicated to the miracle of the statue of a weeping Holy Mary, which took place in 1952. The structure is grandiose with ample room for thousands of worshipers. As with many Italian sites, the chronic lack of dedicated parking makes visiting the church a bit of a chore. There are booths inside the church for foreign speaking worshipers who seek confession in different languages. I have never seen anyone with language capabilities in those confessionals. We are very far from the importance and the international appeal of the Vatican.
Modern church. Surprisingly they didn't finish it all, they ask money to finish the benches, to finish the side rooms etc.
It would have been hard to build something uglier... Doesn't deserve a visit!
Quite impressive monument. Very original modern church with some historical remains inside.
- Other Attractions
- Cathedral Of Our Lady
- The Neue Pinakothek
- The Alte Pinakothek
- Dachau Concentration Camp
- Englischer Garten
- Munich Residenz
- Deutsches Museum
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Marienplatz
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Cathedral Of Our Lady
- Luxury Hotels Near The Neue Pinakothek
- Budget Hotels Near The Alte Pinakothek
- Budget Hotels Near Dachau Concentration Camp
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Englischer Garten
- Luxury Hotels Near Viktualienmarkt
- Luxury Hotels Near Munich Residenz
- Cheap Hotels Near Deutsches Museum
- Luxury Hotels Near Hofbrauhaus
- City Tripplans
- Syracuse Itinerary 7 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 6 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 5 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 3 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 4 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 2 Days
- Syracuse Itinerary 1 Day
- Trip to Syracuse
- 15 Day Trip to Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Italy, France from Houston
- 16 Day Trip to Palermo, Catania, Trapani, Syracuse, Agrigento from Turin