Named after the historic city in Sicily, Syracuse has been a major metropolitan in the state of New York. The city has been an important crossroad for the state historically, due to the Erie Canal and all its branching canals. Today, it is a very important hub for education and economy. The Syracuse University is considered as one of the best research universities in the country. There are many convention centers in Syracuse that host many important events.
Along with all of this, Syracuse is also a fun place to visit. There are many nature parks here where you can take a hike with your family or alone, and set up camp amidst the beauty of nature. The lake parks are the best ones, as you can also enjoy the stunning view of the pristine water body. There are also different kinds of museums in Syracuse that will surely satiate your thirst for knowledge. The Rosamond Grifford Zoo and Webster Pond are perfect places for animal-lovers to enjoy in the company of the animals. And the festivals and events taking place in the city all through the year, will guarantee that you will never have a dull moment in Syracuse.
Essential travel information and Syracuse tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC-05:00 hours
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet: 110-120 Volts of Electrical output. High speed wireless internet is available in most hotels in Syracuse.
- Languages: English is spoken primarily in Syracuse. Spanish is also spoken by a large population here.
- Security: 911 (Police, Fire and Ambulance)
- Tipping: Tipping is mandatory is most places. Do find out about it before tipping.
Syracuse Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Syracuse. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Syracuse trip planner.