Domotor TowerCurrently Open
- Address: Dom Square, Szeged, Hungary Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 650 HUF
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
Though it stands next to the Votive Church, this building, which is the oldest in town, actually was a part of an older church that no longer exists. Today, it is the town’s baptismal chamber. Its architecture is distinctly 12th century Romanesque. Highlights include:
- 48 pointed windows in three levels in the upper floors.
- The Gate of Life, representing a christian’s life in symbols.
- A replica of Szeged’s oldest sculpture above the gate, a stone Lamb of God from the 12th century.
- A fresco by Vilmos Aba-Novák of the baptism of Hungarians in the 11th century.
Entrance Ticket Details For Domotor Tower
- The fee to get in is ‘very small’.
- Gödör Étterem
- Duna Döner Szeged
- Roosevelt téri Fish Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Szeged before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Szeged and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Domotor Tower Address: Dom Square, Szeged, Hungary
- Domotor Tower Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Domotor Tower Price: 650 HUF
- Time required to visit Domotor Tower: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
39.16% of people who visit Szeged include Domotor Tower in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
61.4% of people start their Domotor Tower visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Domotor Tower
68.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Domotor Tower
People normally club together Votive Church and National Pantheon while planning their visit to Domotor Tower.