Visit Tagaytay - Best of Tagaytay
Stunning views of Taal Lake and Volcano welcome you to this captivating town that got its claim to fame primarily because of these geological wonders. Anywhere you turn, Taal Volcano beckons you to explore nature’s overwhelming creation with captivating vistas of a serene lake hugging a mighty volcano. Tagaytay is blessed with beautiful weather; it is very popular amongst city dwellers for its unadulterated, oxygenated air and pleasant, year-round breeze.
Lake Taal and Volcano island lie in a historic volcanic crater. A trip to Tagaytay is sure to be one with many fantastic revelations. After all, seldom do we get to witness a lake on an island in a lake on an island. Once a fierce rebel, the Taal Volcano has since cooled down and now poses for a pretty picture with its awestruck admirers.
Tagaytay has evolved into a formidable tourist puller in its own right. Whether you crave some adventure in the form of zip-lining and hiking or you’re up for exercising your brain cells at the Puzzle Mansion or even if you just want to relish some mouthwatering delicacies, Tagaytay is all set to please.
Tagaytay Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Tagaytay tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: Philippine Peso
- Electricity: 220 Volts, 60 HZ. Power sockets A, B, C.
- Internet: Philippines has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Many ISP are available, Wifi is available at high-end hotels.
- Language: Filipino and English.
- Emergency Contacts: 911
- Tipping: Optional at restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Recommended to bellman at the hotel. Appreciated everywhere.
Safety tips and Local Customs:
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Avoid travelling alone at night.
- Take proper vaccinations and always carry mosquito repellents on your visit.
- Avoid eating on the streets, never buy cut fruits and drink water from packaged bottles.
- Beware of scams for tourists and unexplained increase in taxi fares and prices.
- As with most tourist destinations, local vendors like to increase prices of everything, that is add the taxes and the tourist fee on later, so make sure that you ask for the complete price inclusive of tourist fee.
- If you plan to hike Taal Volcano, make sure you wear comfortable shoes and light clothes.
- Carry umbrellas and rain-proof clothing with you.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Tagaytay and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Tagaytay- Know before you go to Tagaytay
Facts and Stats for Tagaytay*
Pollution Statistics in Tagaytay
Know the pollution level of Tagaytay before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 41.07 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 61.54 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 46.43 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 46.43 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 28.85 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 48.08 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 42.86 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 44.64 (Moderate)
Tagaytay: Crime and Safety
How safe is Tagaytay for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Tagaytay.
Burglary and Theft 51.32 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 48.68 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 64.47 (High)
Car Stealing 39.47 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 42.11 (Moderate)
Attacks 50 (Moderate)
Drug offense 60.53 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 75 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 46.05 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 39.47 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 23.68 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 53.95 (Moderate)
Living in Tagaytay - Quality of Life
Safety Index 52.28 (Moderate)
Climate Index 66.46 (High)
Pollution Index 51 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 90 (Very High)
Health Care Index 88.89 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Tagaytay
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Tagaytay
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.16 USD
International Movie per seat 3.84 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 33.56 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 45.54 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 38.35 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Tagaytay Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Tagaytay
- Cities Near Tagaytay
- Abonagan Tourism
- Tuktukan Tourism
- Bagbag Tourism
- Cubao Tourism
- Cordillera Youth Center Tourism
- San Fabian Tourism
- Alfonso Elementary School Tourism
- Merville Subdivision Tourism
- Jesus De La Peña Tourism
- Aguinaldo Tourism
- Blanco Store Tourism
- Barretto Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Myrtle Point Tourism
- 8, Red House Tourism
- Villa Park Tourism
- Renukoot Tourism
- Meeker Tourism
- Montezuma Tourism
- Vado Tourism
- Sheikhupura Tourism
- Winkhill Tourism
- Kirkby In Ashfield Tourism