Stunning views of Taal Lake and Volcano welcome you to this captivating town that got its claim to fame primarily because of these geological wonders. Anywhere you turn, Taal Volcano beckons you to explore nature’s overwhelming creation with captivating vistas of a serene lake hugging a mighty volcano. Tagaytay is blessed with beautiful weather; it is very popular amongst city dwellers for its unadulterated, oxygenated air and pleasant, year-round breeze.
Lake Taal and Volcano island lie in a historic volcanic crater. A trip to Tagaytay City is sure to be one with many fantastic revelations. After all, seldom do we get to witness a lake on an island in a lake on an island. Once a fierce rebel, the Taal Volcano has since cooled down and now poses for a pretty picture with its awestruck admirers.
Tagaytay has evolved into a formidable tourist puller in its own right. Whether you crave some adventure in the form of zip-lining and hiking or you’re up for exercising your brain cells at the Puzzle Mansion or even if you just want to relish some mouthwatering delicacies, Tagaytay is all set to please.
Essential travel information and Tagaytay tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: Philippine Peso
- Electricity: 220 Volts, 60 HZ. Power sockets A, B, C.
- Internet: Philippines has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Many ISP are available, Wifi is available at high-end hotels.
- Language: Filipino and English.
- Emergency Contacts: 911
- Tipping: Optional at restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Recommended to bellman at the hotel. Appreciated everywhere.
Safety tips and Local Customs:
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Avoid travelling alone at night.
- Take proper vaccinations and always carry mosquito repellents on your visit.
- Avoid eating on the streets, never buy cut fruits and drink water from packaged bottles.
- Beware of scams for tourists and unexplained increase in taxi fares and prices.
- As with most tourist destinations, local vendors like to increase prices of everything, that is add the taxes and the tourist fee on later, so make sure that you ask for the complete price inclusive of tourist fee.
- If you plan to hike Taal Volcano, make sure you wear comfortable shoes and light clothes.
- Carry umbrellas and rain-proof clothing with you.
Tagaytay Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Tagaytay. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Tagaytay trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Tagaytay
Skip the Line: Museo Orlina Day Pass TicketNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Private Full-Day Shore Excursion Pagsanjan FallsNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Private Full-Day Shore Excursion Hidden ValleyNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Manila Airport Transfer From/To Tagaytay CityNew on TripHobo
1 Hr 30 Mins