Taal VolcanoCurrently Open [Closes at 02:00 pm]
- Address: Taal Volcano, Batangas, Philippines, Tagaytay
- Timings: 08:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Island, View Point, Safari, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Lake, Rock Climbing, Nature, Volcano
About Taal Volcano, Tagaytay
Philippines’ second most active volcano, Taal Volcano is located at a distance of about 60 kilometers from Manila. A beautiful lake is nestled within the volcano giving it surreal beauty and offering panoramic views. There have been 33 eruptions in the volcano since the 16th century. A geological wonder, the volcano is located on an island and has a lake within it. The island has a complex topography and consists of forty seven overlapping cones and craters. It makes for a thrilling trekking and hiking destination. There are a host of activities that await the adventure enthusiast like canoeing, horse riding and volcano trekking. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Tagaytay Itinerary 2 Days.
Taal Volcano Information
- You can get to the volcano via Tanauan or Tagaytay city. After you reach Talisay, you can rent a boat that takes you on a tour of the volcano.
- If you plan to trek the volcano, come prepared with comfortable shoes, enough water and sun gear.
- Trekking or hiking on Taal Volcano is an easy endeavor for amateurs and beginners too. There is an option of hiring a horse to the top of the Volcano if hiking is not an option you’d like to consider.
How To reach Taal Volcano by Public Transport
- Hire a tricycle or jeepney from Tagaytay to Talisay.
Restaurants Near Taal Volcano
- Raphael’s Filipino Restaurant
- Fire Lake Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tagaytay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tagaytay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Taal Volcano
95% of people who visit Tagaytay include Taal Volcano in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
90.14% of people start their Taal Volcano visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Taal Volcano
90.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Taal Volcano
Taal Volcano Map
Taal Volcano Trips
Taal Volcano, Tagaytay Reviews
Make sure you get a face mask. The trek itself is mostly easy enough, with a couple of difficult parts and the last 30/40 metres being tough. The heat makes this more difficult. Wear hiking shoes or sports shoes you don't care about being wrecked by the dust. It's three weeks and my hiking shoes are still off colour from the trip. Make sure to bring a couple of bottles of water, but they do sell them on the trail and at the top too. Also buy or bring a face mask. The trail is dusty and many visitors take a donkey ride up and down. This kicks up a lot of dust that can irritate the breathing. The donkeys also defecate on the trail and you may want to cover your mouth and nose from time to time.
Awesome place, just make sure you get a face mask when going there. Don‘t ride the horses, that’s basically animal cruelty, you can easily do the hike on your own.
This review depends on your skill level as a hiker. If you are a beginner and starting off your first hikes, this is a great place to start. If you are a seasoned hiker, this might bore you.
Nice place. You can do it in a day trip from Manila if you wake up early. The hike up is about 30 minutes. It's pretty hot in the sun so have plenty of water and a hat. The horses kick up a lot of dust too. When you get to the top you can go to the right and pay 25 more to go to another viewing point too. Also, on the way up if you see steam rising it's from the volcano, be careful how close you get to it! For the boat over we bargained and got it for 1000 for 2 people. Moto taxi was 150 down and 200 up to tagaytay.
Trike, boat and hike to get there but worth it. Guide was great: how hard can the hike be when they do it in flip-flops! At a good place you can finish the ascent in about 30 mins.
All QuestionsTaal volcano
- Diver Studio Artur Dąbrowski
- Samon Production And Promotion Jerzy Samoń
- Da Film Dorota Danielak
- The Beatles Art
- Barka Music Club
- Adam Kornacki Motosport Media
- Gerard Krzysztof Krawczyk Gerry
- Arka Noego. Klub Integracyjny Fundacji CSM
- Parafia Rzym Kat PW Świętego Tadeusza Apostoła - Varsovia
- Art Cafe. Bartłomiej Piasecki
- Stowarzyszenie Przy Dominikańskim Duszpasterstwie Akademickim Freta 10
- Kościół Chrześcijan Babtystów
- "Good Mood" Sp. Z O.o. W Organizacji
- Tocannes Production Maciej Chwedorzewski
- Polski Narodowy Katolicki Kościół W Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej