Taal Volcano, TagaytayCurrently Open
- Address: Taal Volcano, Batangas, Philippines, Tagaytay
- Timings: 08:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Island, View Point, Safari, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Lake, Rock Climbing, Nature, Volcano
About Taal Volcano, Tagaytay
Philippines’ second most active volcano, Taal Volcano is located at a distance of about 60 kilometers from Manila. A beautiful lake is nestled within the volcano giving it surreal beauty and offering panoramic views. There have been 33 eruptions in the volcano since the 16th century. A geological wonder, the volcano is located on an island and has a lake within it. The island has a complex topography and consists of forty seven overlapping cones and craters. It makes for a thrilling trekking and hiking destination. There are a host of activities that await the adventure enthusiast like canoeing, horse riding and volcano trekking. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Tagaytay Itinerary 2 Days.
Taal Volcano Information
- You can get to the volcano via Tanauan or Tagaytay city. After you reach Talisay, you can rent a boat that takes you on a tour of the volcano.
- If you plan to trek the volcano, come prepared with comfortable shoes, enough water and sun gear.
- Trekking or hiking on Taal Volcano is an easy endeavor for amateurs and beginners too. There is an option of hiring a horse to the top of the Volcano if hiking is not an option you’d like to consider.
How To reach Taal Volcano by Public Transport
- Hire a tricycle or jeepney from Tagaytay to Talisay.
Restaurants Near Taal Volcano
- Raphael’s Filipino Restaurant
- Fire Lake Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tagaytay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tagaytay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Taal Volcano, Tagaytay Reviews
This review depends on your skill level as a hiker. If you are a beginner and starting off your first hikes, this is a great place to start. If you are a seasoned hiker, this might bore you.
Trike, boat and hike to get there but worth it. Guide was great: how hard can the hike be when they do it in flip-flops! At a good place you can finish the ascent in about 30 mins.
Take the horse ride up 1000 Peso return. Nice view at the top. Very unique place and pay extra 25 Peso pp to walk to the red rock
Medium hike, all up hill is the issue. The guides are nice and will answer any questions. They'll also take pics for you.
I loved the place, really interesting to visit. However it has been spolt by the army of people trying to sell you something at every stage, just too much hassle to be honest.