Taal Volcano, Tagaytay
About Taal Volcano, Tagaytay
Taal Volcano, Tagaytay - Address
Address: Taal Volcano, Batangas, Philippines
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
Added 31.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Geological Formation, Island, View Point, Safari, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Lake, Rock Climbing, Nature, Volcano
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Philippines’ second most active volcano, Taal Volcano is located at a distance of about 60 kilometers from Manila. A beautiful lake is nestled within the volcano giving it surreal beauty and offering panoramic views. There have been 33 eruptions in the volcano since the 16th century. A geological wonder, the volcano is located on an island and has a lake within it. The island has a complex topography and consists of forty seven overlapping cones and craters. It makes for a thrilling trekking and hiking destination. There are a host of activities that await the adventure enthusiast like canoeing, horse riding and volcano trekking.
Taal Volcano Information
- You can get to the volcano via Tanauan or Tagaytay city. After you reach Talisay, you can rent a boat that takes you on a tour of the volcano.
- If you plan to trek the volcano, come prepared with comfortable shoes, enough water and sun gear.
- Trekking or hiking on Taal Volcano is an easy endeavor for amateurs and beginners too. There is an option of hiring a horse to the top of the Volcano if hiking is not an option you’d like to consider.
How To reach Taal Volcano by Public Transport
- Hire a tricycle or jeepney from Tagaytay to Talisay.
Restaurants Near Taal Volcano
- Raphael’s Filipino Restaurant
- Fire Lake Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tagaytay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tagaytay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Taal Volcano, Tagaytay Reviews - Write a Review
This is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Just.. Amazing. Climb onto the peak of the volcano and take a look inside at the hot lake that it has become. Stunning.
Bring your picnic lunch and head down with your tour guide to the bottom for a nice meal right by the water's edge, in perfect view of Taal Volcano. You can skip the boat ride to the volcano, but if you are visiting and may never come back why not. Other than a few wavy parts and splashes of waves, the person steering the boat gave us lots of plastic cover to keep us 'reasonably' dry. Enjoy!
The best place to have family bonding. Hiking, horseback riding and picture taking are the best activities. The best time to hike is around 6am.
Can't believe my friends and I climbed the vol at noon sharp under the hot weather in Philippines.😅anyway it was worth it! I didn't need any help like horse riding, so proud. 😁🇵🇭
Great place, great view. Very nice people helping you with mountain horses. Talk to them and learn how they really live here.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bag Of Beans - Tagaytay
- Bulalo Point
- Crosswinds Tagaytay By Brittany
- Tagaytay Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tagaytay
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tagaytay
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tagaytay
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tagaytay
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tagaytay
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tagaytay