Events and Festivals in Taipei
Be sure to participate in the events if you are visiting the city.
- Lantern Festival: There is the Lantern Festival takes place every year according to the Lunar callender. It is a realsight to see with the brightly lit laterns everywhere. It usually takes place in January or February.
- Ghost Festival: The Ghost Festival at the end of August is a fascinating.All these festivals are very popular with locals and they bring together thousands of people from around the country.
- Sokran festival: This is an annual water festival to celebrate the New Year eve. This event takes place in the month of April in the suburban of Zhonghe, near the Nanshijiao MRT.
- The Taiwan Cycling Festival in December and the Taipei Marathon in December are two events to watch out for.
- Taipei Arts Festival: In this event art is celebrated. Experimental theatres, dance and art performances done by both locals and international personalities are performed in this event. This event continues from August to September.
- Dream Parade: This colorful event is organized by the Dream Community. In this event many artists and local families participate.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Taipei
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Taipei
Save 4%Taipei Night Tour including Din Tai Fung Dinner66 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Taipei comes alive at night and the city is a buzzing. This 3.5-hour night tour of Taipei starts with exploring the ancient L...
Save 4%5-Day Best of Taiwan: Sun Moon Lake, Taroko Gorge, Kaohsiung, Taitung204 Reviews
Duration: 5 Days
This 5-day Taiwan tour will take you around the whole island, opening your eyes to the countrys diverse, astounding beauty an...
Save 4%Full-Day Private Custom Taipei tour6 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Create a custom 8-hour itinerary in and around Taipei. No matter if you are planning your own journey or a business trip, mak...
Pingxi and Jiufen Day Trip From Taipei with Sky Lantern Experience110 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Travel to the remote mountain town of Pingxi, renowned for its annual Sky Lantern Festival. Visit Shuinandong Area and see th...Book Now