Be sure to participate in the events if you are visiting the city.
- Lantern Festival: There is the Lantern Festival takes place every year according to the Lunar callender. It is a realsight to see with the brightly lit laterns everywhere. It usually takes place in January or February.
- Ghost Festival: The Ghost Festival at the end of August is a fascinating.All these festivals are very popular with locals and they bring together thousands of people from around the country.
- Sokran festival: This is an annual water festival to celebrate the New Year eve. This event takes place in the month of April in the suburban of Zhonghe, near the Nanshijiao MRT.
- The Taiwan Cycling Festival in December and the Taipei Marathon in December are two events to watch out for.
- Taipei Arts Festival: In this event art is celebrated. Experimental theatres, dance and art performances done by both locals and international personalities are performed in this event. This event continues from August to September.
- Dream Parade: This colorful event is organized by the Dream Community. In this event many artists and local families participate.