Events and Festivals in Taipei
Be sure to participate in the events if you are visiting the city.
- Lantern Festival: There is the Lantern Festival takes place every year according to the Lunar callender. It is a realsight to see with the brightly lit laterns everywhere. It usually takes place in January or February.
- Ghost Festival: The Ghost Festival at the end of August is a fascinating.All these festivals are very popular with locals and they bring together thousands of people from around the country.
- Sokran festival: This is an annual water festival to celebrate the New Year eve. This event takes place in the month of April in the suburban of Zhonghe, near the Nanshijiao MRT.
- The Taiwan Cycling Festival in December and the Taipei Marathon in December are two events to watch out for.
- Taipei Arts Festival: In this event art is celebrated. Experimental theatres, dance and art performances done by both locals and international personalities are performed in this event. This event continues from August to September.
- Dream Parade: This colorful event is organized by the Dream Community. In this event many artists and local families participate.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Taipei
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Taipei
Save 5%Taipei Night Tour including Din Tai Fung Dinner69 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now
Save 4%Full-Day Private Custom Taipei City Tour38 Reviews
Duration: 8 HrsBook Now
Save 5%Ultimate Taipei Sightseeing Tour231 Reviews
Duration: 9 HrsBook Now
Save 4%5-Hour Shifen Old Street Walk and Pingxi Sky Lantern Tour from Taipei14 Reviews
Duration: 5 HrsBook Now