- Address: Ruifang District, Xinbei, Taiwan, Taipei
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Jiufen - Review
This is a popular area in the mountainous Ruifang District of Taipei. This area holds a place of importance in the history of the area. This is mainly because Jiufen was the primary center for explorers during the gold rush in the late 1890s.
Because of its moniker as the ‘City of Sadness’, the local restaurants and other businesses capitalized on the global fascination with the area and commercialized it to an extent where today it can be considered to be an important tourist destination.
- The rugged mountainous area has numerous photo opportunities and is a great picnic location.
- Try out the tea at the City of Sadness restaurant.
- Visiting the Gold Museum is also a good idea.
How To reach Jiufen by Public Transport
- Rueifang Station of the TRA Yilan Line, which is 15 minutes away by bus.
Restaurants Near Jiufen
- Melange Cafe
- Cafe, sandwiches Local restaurants and street food stalls
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Taipei before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Taipei and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jiufen
95% of people who visit Taipei include Jiufen in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
34.58% of people start their Jiufen visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Jiufen
93.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jiufen